1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greatest firing ever

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah but he didn’t capitalize on either her or the boner

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Wait. We only know he didn't hit the chick. As far as the boner, there may have been a closet he went to that he hasn't mentioned yet...

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Had to run another store,for a week when the mgr there was out for his kids birth. 1st day there some woman came in screaming to know why her 23yr old son was fired. Kept trying to tell her she needs to come in the next week when the mgr comes back. Had to threatened to call the police to get her to leave.

4. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

There was a lot of fishing off the company dock in that facility, but alas, I never got to dispose of a boner on the property, not the least on that day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

1-8-7-3-6-5-4-2

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2

7 4 swap makes more power. Lol

7. That’s become common. It’s what they say in the offshore drilling industry also. It all depends on the circumstances.

If you throw somebody overboard or do some silly shit, then you are getting fired.

If a rig loses its contract and they have no other openings and nowhere to send you, or if they reduce crew sizes on an operating rig, then your position was made redundant.

Getting fired = you did something wrong to lose your job.
    Made redundant = you didn’t do anything wrong, your position just isn’t viable/necessary anymore.

Key words are “your position”. Per EU labor laws, you can make a position redundant, but not a person. Meaning they have to remove that position from payroll completely. They can’t make one person redundant, then put someone else in the same position. If they tried that, the first person could file a lawsuit.

In other words, they can’t (for example) make a certain Logistics Coordinator dude redundant, then hire another one in his place. They have to make the position of Logistics Coordinator redundant, which by default means the person is made redundant also.

Then there can’t be a Logistics Coordinator position for at least 6 months (IIRC). If they do reinstate that position within that 6 months, legally they have to give it to the person who held the position at the time it was made redundant.

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:bow:

9. turner38

Yep, that’s why the order I posted has them swapped from normal.
    :Poke:

10. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

NOVA

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

On some of the newer huge ci stuff, they've been playing with 5 and 6 swap also

12. turner38

#5 & #6 don’t come up together. A 8 & 5 swap could work. Not heard of that though.
    I’ve always wanted to built a flat crank small block and fire them together for a steal head car....
    Maybe one day.

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

5 and 6 smoothed out the power but made less. When you have a 1000ci, and 1900 all motor hp, losing 20 doesn't matter.

With the steel head rules like they are up here, our steel heads are making tons and tons of power.

14. turner38

Yeah, we have the same rules down here. My little motor makes over 600 and was originally built by the guy out of Maryville. It isn’t a raised runner motor but a pretty good one with a ultra light 1.88 journal crank, Oliver rods and the original Pro-Action heads. Have thought about putting together a 434 raised runner motor but not much need in it. Can’t use all I have most nights, with Atomic gone you really don’t have anywhere up there where you can use any more either except Tazwell.

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

B and B performance? John Lavone. I use to do some stuff with/for him.

When 411 is wet, we can use all we have and more. Bulls gap same thing. Our motors are raised runner. Billet cranks the whole deal. They make in the Low to mid 700 range steel head steel block.

I remember when the original pro action heads came around. I was working real close with the guy who use to drive Dick Maskens (owner of dart racing), pro stock car. Darts steel head sales slowly declined for a couple years because everyone went to the pro action. The pro action sold and the quality was just not there.

It hard to beat a dart piece.

16. turner38

Yeah, most nights they don’t stay wet enough to use all of it for very long though. Maybe 3-4 nights a year at most tracks.

I though 411 dropped the steel heads and went to crates except for special shows?
    You t was pretty heavy the last time we went but seems like we only qualified in the mid to upper 13’s. That’s been a couple of years though.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

They did. They been doing some special events. We been traveling a bit locally per say. Wartburg, 411, Smoky Mtn, Bulls Gap, i75