1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greatest firing ever

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Sep 13, 2019.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

People bring friends and family to the meeting when they are getting fired? Is that really a thing?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Years ago, I had a kid out of college bring his Mom to a job interview.
    "Mame, you are not needed in the interview."
    "I want to make sure he gets all that is coming to him when he gets the job!!!"

ducnut likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

more interesting is that NZ calls a firing, a redundancy meeting

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Mega! :crackup:

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I had a put a guy on a PIP once, felt pretty bad about it because at one time he was pretty coherent but as he aged his ability to speak/interact really got bad and I had to do something. HR questioned my motivation so I said you go talk with him if you don't believe me. When they set up the meeting with him he asked if he could bring his son in with him to do the talking. They didn't take him up on the offer. He was 6-ish months shy of hitting 65 and the company basically gave have that much in severance as bridge to SS. He was a really good guy but just ran out of steam before the finish.

RichB likes this.
  7. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I witnessed an RN getting fired with her mom (Also an RN) in attendance, because she thought her daughter was getting railroaded and came to her performance review apparently. 3 RN's fighting... boy howdy. In fact, the only reason I knew what was going on is cause my office was across from the "head" of nursing and Mom came out yelling and then yelling at her daugher to come with her, and yelling about everybody being incompetent, and mom just continued her tantrum all the way out.

What as shitshow. But, daughter was really f**king hot and crying so all that gave me a boner.

Gino230, Quicktoy, Pixelator and 5 others like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So mom and daughter ended up getting fired, right?

Is it sad that this last part sounds totally normal for this place? :crackup:

Pixelator, OldSchlPunk, lazlo and 3 others like this.
  9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yes, very sad. :crackup:

10. Rhino48

Mom didn't even work there. Worked at some other medical facility in the area. She just thought the daughter was getting railroaded. I heard later, and who knows could be BS, but the daughter was allegedly missing a lot of shifts but showing up in a lot of facebook drunk posts a lot and someone ratted her out.

Allegedly was going to get "counseled" on attendance, but once she brought her mom to the review, the chief decided right there she was getting canned. I worked with the Chief quite a bit on some projects, an absolutely no bullshit woman so I have no doubt that part is true.

And don't judge - crying hot girls half your age should be arousing, provided they are not related and/or in genuine distress.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

What if your the cause of the distress? :D

Phl218 likes this.
  12. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I had a guy work for me and he introduced me to his wife one day. She sat in the room as he quit. She made him quit and didn't think he had the balls to do it if she weren't there. Weirdest shit I've seen.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

so you ruled out comforting her, or did you just go for it?

14. Rhino48

I just wasn't getting a vibe she was into me.

Newyork likes this.
  15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Really? This place left this one hanging for an hour?

You're.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

then you wouldn't have gotten into her.

BHP41 and Sabre699 like this.
  17. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It's Friday, so fuck it.

K51000 and pscook like this.
  18. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

We had a young kid just out of HS come into his job interview for a shop kid (pre-apprentice) position with his mother this past year. I’m pretty sure she still wiped his ass for him. Our shop manager took pity and hired him. He should have hired his mom. She would have been better.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm glad someone other than me has his priorities in perspective.

High five.

StaccatoFan and OldSchlPunk like this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I fucking hate clowns.
    Fuck that noise.
    Bam straight in the kiwi Nose!!