1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks! Its only a 15 minute walk from my hotel, so I will def check it out. Hole in the wall? Looks like a think of beauty to me!

BTW, I read an article recently that rated the top boulangeries in Paris, and most of them are owned by immigrants. I have no idea if the ratings are accurate, but its pretty cool to see how things change.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Last I heard, Alonso was taking VR46's seat at Yammi.

Razr likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe that the last guy who won the prestigious best baguette in France award is a young man of Algerian descent. (He gets to supply the Elysee Palace for a year, if I remember correctly how it works.)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    motion likes this.
  4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I was thinking racing for Haas in F1 would give him a better chance at winning the Indy 500 with a Haas car vs a Mcclaren car

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Haas doesn't have any Indy experience, even though it was dismal, McLaren does have some Indy Experience. I would go with McLaren at Indy.

7. fastedyamaha

Really? Newman-Haas racing ring a bell for you?

8. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

That's Carl Haas, not Gene Haas.

Lanceabillion, DrA5 and motion like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think McLaren has more resources to start a new team in another series.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes it does, probably my favorite team ever, had some of the best racers ever. The owner was my favorite actor. Bourdais won 4 Champ Car titles in a row there, other championship drivers were Mario and Michael Andretti, and Nigel Mansell. That team won 107 IndyCar wins, and eight championships. And they had fun doing it.

fastedyamaha, scottn and rd400racer like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

12. fastedyamaha

I stand corrected, thought it was the same person.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

BigBird likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Agreed, but for purely selfish reasons, I'm happy to hear some news.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I heard about the induced coma so was worried something turned when I saw your frowny face. Terrible situation all around.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Small world. A friend of my parents leaves his car in my parking garage when he travels, as he's gone for months at a time. He came a couple of hours ago by during MotoGP qualifying to drop off the car.

Him: - "What race is that? You know, I don't like that stuff. Did you hear about the kid in Belgium a couple of weeks ago?"

Me: - "Yeah, the young French F2 driver."

Him: - "Yes, we knew him well."

He then proceeds to tell me how he and his wife were having dinner with the guy who sponsored Anthoine Hubert that evening, right after he got the news. They noticed he wasn't all there and asked him what was wrong. They all live in the same small town. He was well-liked.

Yzasserina, Razr and Chino52405 like this.
  18. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I was hoping Hulk was going to take that seat ... not impressed by that decision, Haas.

DrA5 likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Kubica out. I always liked the guy but he wasn't the same after the crash.