1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How A Certain Dem Presidential Candidate's Legacy Looks Like

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Sep 12, 2019.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Usually the schools are run by an elected School Board, not the mayor and council or commission. Not to defend Pete, but this one is probably not on him.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This. There are plenty of people to blame, but the mayor isn't one of them.

4. YamahaRick

So it's OK to let this happen in your community? I'm sure it was common knowledge that it was about to happen. He's just too busy running for an office he will never get, ignoring what should be priorities.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No it isn't OK, but in most communities the school board is an independent agency and does not answer to the mayor or town governing body. The Mayor has no clout over the school board. The schools also usually get the lion's share of the property tax revenue. I know here the local government gets about $0.25 of each dollar collected, the schools get the rest.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would bet that the local South Bend, IN community restaurants would have "pitched" in had someone just asked?

I cant believe that any "parent" would rely on a school to "feed" their kid anyways. Institutional food at that... yuck.

7. YamahaRick

Over 25% of SB's population lives at poverty level, or 1.75X that of the state average.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now that is an aspect of SB that the Mayor should be addressing and is a legitimate gripe. Then again, schools in many large cities are failing their constituents as well, so we can spread some of that around too.

sheepofblue and YamahaRick like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

When the only reason you send your kids to school is for a free lunch I would be upset too if I were a parent.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

^^^ Fixed.

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Maybe just cut the portion size back a bit. That way everybody eats... and some get put on a much needed diet as well.