1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

This is what we call opinion.. there are folks that view the incident both ways. Or 3 different ways??

1 nothing wrong here. Racing incident
    2 sdk got ran off by Hayden but was totally honest mistake
    3 Hayden ran him off the track

Reality is in there somewhere, but MotoAmerica saw fit to assess a penalty against Hayden. So, at least in their eyes it wasnt just a racing incident. I DO NOT believe Hayden intended for SDK to crash...

2. MELK-MAN

NOW you and i are getting somewhere!
    :beer:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. MELK-MAN

DT, serious question. In all the years of dirt track scuffles you saw or by your own admission were part of..., i suspect there were many times where two guys bowed up in front of each other, name calling continued, each saying they are gonna kick the other guys ass... and NO punches were ever thrown? Often its lots of show and no go ?

Pitmom42 likes this.
  4. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Yeah I can't see anything definitive in that clip was hoping there was a better one somewhere. Looks like probably a racing incident but with all the other close calls can understand the penalty.
    I would sit all of them down and discuss things with them. The racing is great but like PJ put it don't want to leave in an ambulance.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

IF the guy on the inside intentionally put the other guy in the grass with the thought of crashing him out than his team should sit him down and give him a thorough talking to as there is no place for that sort of thing in "professional" motorsport and eventually his behavior will lead to bad things for either himself, his team, or his competitors. Full stop.

If, however, he had the line and exploited a gap with no intention of running the other guy off track or was otherwise unaware of the potential effects of the move than it was nothing more than a racing incident with an unfortunate result and the team and rider should sit down to consider how else he could have made the pass. (ie better bike set-up, pass-planning, etc). They should also apologize to the other team and rider (if they haven't already).

The guy who crashed should think about how he could have avoided being in that position in the first place and what he could have done to prevent crashing once he was in the position, etc.

The race dad should be banned from the paddock for life. If not by the race org than by the team. If he wants to see his son race in the future he should have to buy a ticket and sit in the bleachers. I'm sure he's a good guy, but there's a fine line between being passionate and losing control, he crossed it.

stk0308 and Motofun352 like this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Nope that's my point...I am not seeing 3pts..I see Racers Racing..and one runs wide..one has a run and takes it..and I have no dog in the hunt, so no favorites.

RM Racing, Skter505 and turner38 like this.
  7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

No.

Occasionally it is that way, with that bunch though when someone says they are gonna kick someone’s ass while in their face most go ahead and defend themselves.

None of the deals I was involved in were instigated by me. One was a older driver and Crew coming after a young driver I was helping over a perceived wrong that got them tore up. Nothing was ever said in that deal till it was over.

Another deal was just me and the other driver out on the track. He had it planned and actually had a baseball bat stuffed in the car with him.

Many people only want to fight till they get hit, then they are done with it. Then there are others that see red when they get hit and HAVE to hit something. Those are the ones you don’t want to mess with and seldom start stuff.

In those circles usually once a driver get a reputation for being tough the idiots leave them alone... there are always exceptions though.

The thing is, Everybody has a temper and gets mad. Racing is personal and people are deeply invested in it IF they take it seriously. If a driver shows up to win and has problems week in and week out with the same guy odds are it will get settled the old fashioned way. When Riders or Drivers show a consistent lack of respect for others it is bound to happen.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A lifetime ban for tossing a water bottle? Surely the death penalty would be more appropriate.

mpusch, drop, jksoft and 5 others like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelynes son, less pressure on me. Yeah, that was a totally useless day for me on the track :crackup:

Of course once I said screw it Brian goes out and tears up the track on the same bike...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are two entirely different incidents. It is not one even if they might be related. Rough riding is handled one way and was handled properly. Attacking someone in the paddock - no matter how effective it was or wasn't - is handled another and was handled properly. Comparing the two is just silly.

One thing I think a lot of people are missing is the danger in the paddock if someone does knock a rider off of a bike or things are thrown to all of the other people milling around and working. People who aren't in leathers and helmets all moving the same direction on track. Not to mention pulling someone who isn't actively out there earning points for 6 rounds really isn't a huge penalty. He's damn lucky they didn't directly penalize the team or the rider he is there with.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Let me guess, once again you are friends with SDK and his dad....

Ducman851 likes this.
  12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

There you go making sense again.

turner38 and Yzasserina like this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My only thought is the banning for dad is a little long, seems a little severe. I think a ban from Barber would get his attention, then everybody starts fresh next year.

Dragginass likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I must say, I'm bored

:dead:

Gino230 and G 97 like this.
  15. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Well said, not sure if I have read anything more true.....

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I suspected there was no contact when Gillam's bike showed zero effects of contact, so I zoomed in...a lot. Kelly lowsided on the curbing/rumble strip. There was no contact. Furthermore, had there been contact, it would have been Gillam coming up from behind and shoving Kelly's elbow, causing Kelly to countersteer. The vid clearly shows Kelly's bike steering into the turn...lowside.
    Gillam must have been penalized for some other incident(s) cuz this can not have been it, short of blind observational skills.
    Further, there appears to be a moment, right before the bikes go off screen to the left, where Kelly has a bit of a hiccup...possibly what sent him wide enough to lose it on the curb.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    badmoon692008 and Britt like this.
  17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Or, you send a pretty strong message that these types of shenanigans will not be tolerated in the paddock. 6 races is a pretty strong statement.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

JU has been dealing with crazy race dads for years. He's probably happy he can get rid of one for 6 rounds...

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

And Moms. Well, one Mom. :D

Dragginass likes this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Good point, maybe JU suggested it. :D