1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

This would be Waterbottlegate 2.0

Broome was the provocateur of the original.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Group hug. Make it a learning experience and move on.

MELK-MAN and Phl218 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I ain't hugging you fools.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Maybe that's what Pat wanted to do and why he was trying to get to Gilliam so fast. He just wanted to give him a big warm hug. :)

MELK-MAN and G 97 like this.
  5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

NASCAR had a good bit of its success because Cale whipped both of the Allison’s on national TV. They think the current bunch of Nancy’s slapping each other will help retain that.

There was a time fighting was common place at local dirt tracks but now for the most part that is a thing of the past. It still happens though even at the upper levels at times.

Racing is a sport where emotions can run high and things happen. Most of the time a little intervention can stop things from happening though and cooler heads prevail. You can’t always know what others are thinking though.

JMO

I feel bad for all parties involved in that deal.

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And then the water bottle toss was because he thought he looked a little over heated, and he was worried about heat exhaustion. He was just trying to help! :D

grasshopper likes this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Our local dirt track eventually had to have two deputies in attendance on Friday nights. It just adds to the ambience.

Phl218, turner38 and BigBird like this.
  8. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

YEP

9. grasshopper

Maybe Moto America needs a penalty box.

upload_2019-9-11_14-34-54.png

Ducti89 and JBall like this.
  10. grasshopper

He was just trying to make sure Gilliam was hydrated. He looked thirsty after that long race

stk0308 likes this.
  11. nigel smith

I came pretty close to taking a swing at a race dad at a wera event. I restrained myself for my kid's sake. Racing puts a bunch of people with similar personality types into a high pressure environment. Some conflict is inevitable..

BigBird likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Might I ask why?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's your kids out there racing then YOU are not in a high pressure environment. If you make it one you need to take a step back and look at what you're doing wrong...

stk0308, Yzasserina, backbone and 2 others like this.
  14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I wanted to punch Mongo a bunch of times over the years.....just because! :D

ekraft84 likes this.
  15. nigel smith

Put your kid on a race track and tell me you don't feel any pressure. Anyhow, I was able to take a step back before things escalated. No beverages became airborne. And, as I said, Pat Kelly was always pleasant while our kids were racing at close quarters. I'm not excusing what he did, but sometimes emotions get the better of you.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cuz I'm so damn pretty? :D

So get Brad to sponsor WERA with an Expedition Max with the two speed 4x4 - holy shit those are nice looking now!

RyanJG and Kris87 like this.
  17. nigel smith

Best to let the past remain in the past.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I put thousands of racers a year on tracks and feel more pressure than you can imagine every second of every lap. I've yet to consider hitting someone because of it. I get feeling emotions, it's the acting on them that isn't acceptable.

Yzasserina, Phl218 and G 97 like this.
  19. nigel smith

We are in agreement. It is, however, easy for me to see where Pat Kelly was coming from.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I understand totally feeling like that. It's going from there to acting on it I don't accept. Wanting to hit people happens all the time...