1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. I wouldn’t want to negotiate or play poker with her. She’s so nice but although I’ve never experienced it I bet it’s not pretty when she’s shows the other side of her :)

2. That’s so funny, I was discussing wants vs needs today at work. I know you want it x date but really when do you need it :)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The negotiation stuff is still her being nice - unless the salesmen get too stupid with the more classic car sales tactics.

4. Not taking any chances :)

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sales are still really slow for rvs.
    The big dealer show is in Elkhart at the end of this month. This where the dealers will see all of next Years units and order for next year.

You should be able to negotiate hard on any leftover '19s. There will be some '20s out there already since some makes already changed over, but these ones will be the new new.

Some sales info for july...
    https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/rv-shipments-july-2019

If your looking at class A they are off 20% over last year. Class C is only off couple percent but July 18 was off 20% over 2017...2017 was the best year on record so they are still off over 20% from that

Good luck

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What's the price on that fancy rig?

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Tree fiddy

8. APA

APA Well-Known Member

There is a big rv expo in January by Miami. Wife and I are going to see what's new in RVing.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The Hershey RV palooza is going on now.....

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss wants $150k, I could talk her down some if we don't have to pay someone to polish it up and make it pretty. Normal paint fade but it can come back with some effort. 84k miles, exterior entertainment center and cooler, pretty pimped interior, sleeps 4-5 easily, 6 or 7 if you put the bed back in the overhang (currently storage for race stuff). Tires are less than a year old. All in all it's a great RV it's just more than we need and we're not using it enough to justify it, downsizing to a trailer makes more sense.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

New ones like it are going for that, holy crap batman :eek:

12. assjuice cyrus

Yea, I understand where you are coming from. While I would love to have it. It just a tad out side our price range..:D

But the reason I asked is I may know somebody that will want some more info on if they decide to go that route. Ill pass it long to them.

Thanks

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they're interested I can send more/better pics and details. I'm sure she'll drop the price some but not lowball offer levels :D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll most likely be at Nelson on display as well :crackup:

15. assjuice cyrus

:crackup: I will them know, the boss dont play know games...:bow:

16. assjuice cyrus

Well there where a lot of travel trailers and only 3 Class A's To walk though.

But, we did find that we really both liked the jayco precept that was there. It was a 34ft, 2 slide outs, 22.5 wheels, one pc fiberglass roof, and bunch of other little things we liked.

There is another show in January where I know there will be alot more A's to compare. Now to decide weather to go new or try and find what we want used?

ducnut likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

depends on your price point for used but thinking my next rig will be a diesel <40' in the 30-50k range with 15 budgeted for upgrades or repairs

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hell man, sell that fleet of boats you have and you are there. :D

19. assjuice cyrus

:crackup::crackup:

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Two ways to look at this.

If you’re OK with buying/having/using used stuff, enjoy the adventure of going through it and refurbishing it, have the time to mess with it, doesn’t have to be the exact floorplan or color and such, then, save yourself a bunch of money and look at used. Most of the modern construction methods and equipment have been around awhile. As TB mentioned , a well-aged, diesel pusher is worth looking at. They epitomize effortless cruising in a coach. There’s just so much really nice, affordable stuff on FB Marketplace and CL I can’t find a great reason to buy new.

If you’re the opposite of the above and absolutely have to have new, then, this is the obvious choice. New doesn’t mean perfect, as they all have piddly crap that’ll need addressed, for the first bit of ownership. They’re thrown together, so there are going to be details you’ll notice that’ll disgust you. If your unit is going to sit outside, it’ll rapidly deteriorate. It’s just part of it. The worst aspect is depreciation. The value of a motorhome plummets like a bomb out a bay door. If you finance, you’ll always be upside down in it.

I bought new, in 2017, for $75K before fees and such. I financed most of it. At the time, it was my only debt and I had every intention of paying it off in 3yrs. It was outside, but, my employer had facilities where I could keep it washed and it was ran through Blue Beacon, on 3 occasions, for wash and their wax coating, which makes a huge difference. I had an upgraded stereo system installed, with 12” sub, all speakers replaced, and Dynamat done. It only had 4400 miles on it and services had been completed. Cosmetically, it still looked new. Unfortunately, I encountered major health issues, so I put it on consignment. It took more than a year to move the thing and I took a $30K hit on it. My schedule didn’t allow for time to mess with a used unit, so I went with new. Plus, it was my intention to use the thing over the next 20+ years. If I had bought used, I’d still have a motorhome, because I could’ve bought one for so little money and had it paid for. As I mentioned above, if one has the wherewithal to buy new, that’s awesome. But, I’d never buy new again.