1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reporter tries to buy gun. Ends up proving what we already know.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

TurboBlew and Killswitch like this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Good. Now she should go to Chicago and try to buy one on the street so she can highlight where the real problems are.

K51000 likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No.

You’ll have to meet the delivery drone in a dark alley after midnight.

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My ass. All you've got to have is somebody to vouch for you and you can buy whatever you want. Without that, if you look like a cop, nobody will talk to you, if you look like a buster, you'll just get robbed.

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

The saddest part is that the author thinks that it would have been easier to buy a gun from a local gun store. The only difference is that she would have found out about her license not matching her current address being problematic sooner.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sorry, you'll have to go to a brick and mortar building like the rest of the geriatrics.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

License issue aside, she could have made the point she wanted to at a local gun shop. They'd have held her hand through the process and enthusiastically helped a pretty young girl get herself a gun. A better test/article would be to have a young man who had all the right paperwork but was clearly disturbed/angry go try to buy one.

code3ryder likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You assume they are interested in facts. Unlikely.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Who is "they". The girl wrote a factual article. I was only pointing out how she could have spun it if she'd been pushing a particular narrative, and how a more effective article could have been written if anyone was interested in getting a better understanding of the issue.

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh. You’ve been in my shop? Average age where I live...73. Lol.

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

'My journey to bring a gun home from Walmart was more complicated than I expected, and I was left with the impression that the company takes gun security and sales seriously.'

What did she think was going to happen? That they would just 'look the other way?'

13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I would assume you know that anti-gun folks don't understand what is involved in buying guns and are asking that rhetorically. :d They think you can just walk into a gun store and yell out, "Someone give me a gun!", and just like that they have an M-16 handed to them.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This was a good one, there have been some other gems. One male reporter failed the background checks because of course he is a wife beating leftist scumbag. Katie Couric tried making a film about how easy it was to get a gun but turns out she had to break multiple federal laws to try and prove her lying ass narrative. Then there was Mr. Kuntzman who went and fired an AR and suffered PTSD. :crackup: Oh and a few of these commies got together in NY and tried to go undercover in a gun store to prove another stupid lie and of course failed.

The media and Democrats are the best gun commercials that anyone could hope for. Wait until you see the crazy anti-gun legislation they just advanced in the House. It's as if they are trying their hardest to lose everything in 2020.

15. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Did you ever hear of any prosecutions regarding that disaster?

16. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Well, if her license had been in order, she would have walked out with a gun, right?

17. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Hard to say. She didn't actually go through the back ground check.

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

No, I don't think anything resulted from it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably as that is what she had been told by other media and of course all the experts on social media who have never actually purchased a firearm of any sort.

20. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

True. For argument's sake, let's say her background is clean. Her state doesn't have a 10 day waiting period so it would appear that she would have walked with a gun. To be clear, I'm fine with that. I have guns. I like guns. I don't like how expensive it is to shoot guns (lol). I just don't buy the argument that it's hard to buy a gun if you're a normal, clean background'd person. Hell, I believe it's harder to make sure your shit is in order to go to the DMV.