1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Obama helpfulness?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eggfooyoung, Sep 5, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And your insinuation that my intelligence obligates me to protect you from your own bad decisions is disgusting.

R Acree likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Information overload. There is literally so much conflicting information available now, and so much seems "legitimate" that you can find any published source to support pretty much any claim you want. We were just discussing this in the cancer thread, and just this morning I had to set a guy straight who'd posted a Babylon Bee article as fact :D

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not insinuating anything. If you have the means to help others but refuse out of apathy, greed, or bad will, I will judge you accordingly. If you don't like it, tough shit.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Horseshit. If you are considering an occupation and haven't talked to someone in the field, you are an idiot.

Montoya likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Your approach involves indiscriminate taxing of everyone to help. Consider yourself judged.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't recall anyone here asking for lessons on how to be perpetually wrong.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not just talking about college. And depending on the field, you may or may not get a reliable answer. In most cases you're probably going to get support and positive reviews. It's just human nature to try to encourage people's wishes and goals. If a sixteen year old kid wants to be a veterinarian and goes to talk to one, he's going to get the stories about how rewarding it is to have saved Little Timmy's puppy, not about the time 100 puppies had to be euthanized because the breeder they were at had a massive outbreak of some disease.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Who said taxing? I have NEVER proposed a tax of any sort in any of these discussion.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Your judgmentalism does not confer an obligation upon me.

So go find a fire to fuck yourself to death in. :D

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF do you think ends up paying for loan forgiveness? We the peeps end up footing the bill for all these freebies.

11. 600 dbl are

Bullshit.

Cite one source that shows you have an ounce of common sense.

Factual information you can find in seconds on your phone.

What will my loan payment be?
    How long will it take to pay off the loan making minimum payments?
    What's the median pay scale of persons with a lesbian dance theory degree?

You trying to make life easier for the lazy or stupid at the expense of everyone else is borderline criminal.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then the sixteen year old kid and his parents are idiots.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've said over and over again that the schools should pay for it via reduced/eliminated government aid/grants. Technically it's still tax money, but it's not an additional expense, it's re-allocation and ultimately reduction because the loans would have to stop and tuition levels would drop with competition.

But enough of that. I'm not getting sucked into going over all of this again. I've explained how I feel about the higher ed mess multiple times - go read one of those threads again if you want.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And you just proved my point.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Circular logic. Taxpayer funded schools use taxpayer funds.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ever heard of "rose colored glasses"?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If they're taxpayer funded, why are we charging tuition?

19. 600 dbl are

Pros & Cons Veterinarian
    About 365,000 results (0.80 seconds)

Fuck that was hard.

sheepofblue likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ever hear of reality?