1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Because banging bars and crashing in the race is entirely the same as non-racing daddy trying to fight a rider when he comes off the track?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. Legally speaking, I won’t touch that one.

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If it were at any other type of racing organization, it would have been a helmet. Or just an unsuspecting ass kicking..

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

fair enough .. but how about having water bottles thrown at you or at Kris ? ;)

5. MELK-MAN

so now we've moved to "He wanted to fight Hayden"... umkay. :cool:

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I have to admit, it was a good throw. LOL.

7. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

I believe it just requires a medical clearance for over 50.

Pitmom42 and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

True. It was a fallback throw at a moving target. Even some NBA guys couldn’t make that shot.

G 97 likes this.
  9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

But didn't Kris approach draik at the podium at Pitt a couple weeks ago?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Did he throw anything at him?

Pretty sure he just told him what he thought about cutting back across the race line after running off. Everybody seems to see that differently though.

Don’t forget I am a old dirt tracker though..
    Have seen and dealt with some pretty crazy stuff over the years and been in a scrap or two..

Everybody wants to get their panties in a wad over this. It was a freaking water bottle.

TLR67, 5axis and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Never had a water bottle thrown at me.
    Had one guy come out of his race car swinging a ball bat. Didn’t work out too well for him.
    Had another bunch come after another driver in our bunch with clubs and lug wrenches another time. Didn’t work out to well for them either.
    Have only had a couple cry about Kris’s riding during his roadracing career. I’m sure they will be along shortly to tell the story. Again.

GarrettRick likes this.
  12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

The action being described here would actually be called a "Battery". And if Hayden's visor had been up (certainly possible after coming off the track) and he had been hit in the eye, very real damage could have occurred. It didn't, but it certainly could have.

Having said that, should the cops be called? Under normal circumstances, probably not. Heat of the moment, blah blah blah, it's over. However, if someone wanted to get technical, my opinion is that since there have been people, in the past, that have used the law and lawyers when it suited them, it certainly could happen here, and it probably wouldn't bother that many people.

Karma, Roosters, Etc.

JBall, badmoon692008 and jksoft like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

You know Mongo, I have no experience about him being given shit by others. I’m not discounting that it may have happened and I’m sure he was under a microscope from some people - I honestly have no idea. (Certainly not by me) I can only speak from my own direct, first hand experiences that occurred over a ten year period when I was in the AMA paddock. Nothing more. Nothing less. I never once gave him shit but yet..........................

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm kinda pissed about this whole incident...

FWIW, NJMP is owned by the State.
    A Trooper (it's their jurisdiction) witnessing what was shown in the vid would have pulled out the cuffs and used 'em. Whether those cuffs stayed on until the barracks (arrest) or were removed at the track (control/assessment period) would likely depend on how juvenile the associated adults behaved.
    Mind you, more Troopers would have been called, thus, adding to the friction potential that buzzkills anyone involved.
    Good thing it wasn't uglier...this ain't Hollywood where any publicity is good publicity.
    Keep our issues “in house”, boys.
    Better yet, don't be fucking this up with childish, irrational actions...from any party, on or off the track.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. MELK-MAN

... or how bout we not insist an officer/officers wast time and resources, that may be needed in a real situation should one arise, on a guy tossing a half empty plastic water bottle, on a situation that was clearly diffused quite quickly. Someone pulls a gun in the grandstands after two guys argue, one is shot, shooter is still pissed. Bummer the officers on duty are busy taking a guy that threw a half empty water bottle to the pokey.

yes, it was wrong, it was childish, it might be unjustified if Hayden didn't do anything wrong (i'm not saying he did or didn't but the dad thinks he did). Yes, it was illegal by definition, but some of ya'll makin WAY more out of this than is necessary (my view fwiw).

What if it had been a half empty snack size bag of Doritos ? Or a half eaten hamburger ? Do we still insist we have the officer drive the car with the dad cuffed in the back to the station, and spend the afternoon filling out paperwork ? . MotoAMerica fined him $150 . and many argue that's not enough. What WOULD be enough? $250 ? $500 ? $1000 ? I'm convinced nobody would be satisfied with any reasonable amount that fit the crime.. (you can't seriously think some insane amount like $10,000 would be justified ? )
    just sayin...

spoon32, drop, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for "waterbottlegate" we could be talking about the important stuff, like waving around on track.

MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Hows this, "confront with angry intent"? Since your being pendactic, and taking a defensive position about it.

18. MELK-MAN

better :) But on my part, It's not a defensive position (even if it looks so), it's a rational and common sense position .. you assume you know what the guy is thinking when you post "he wanted to fight Hayden". I suppose i am too, assuming he does NOT want to have a brawl right there in the pits, but i'm lookin at it a little more rationally i think. If this guy wanted to grab Hayden, and/or get physical, he woulda pushed Chris ulrich aside and got on with it. He's a good bit bigger than Chris. Just my view, but again, i think a more reasonable and rational opinion than jumping to the conclusion he was actually going to get physical with Hayden. I could be wrong. But he was pushed back to the pit area, and by all accounts, that was the end of it.

19. MELK-MAN

indeed. LOL His miraculous save and fast grass ride, got my level of admiration to surpass the arm waive bs ..

r6boater likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Dad's are going to do Dad things.

MELK-MAN and Laz like this.