1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what you're buying. I bought a 400 count box of Winchester .40 S&W 165gr fmj for $107, or .26 cents per shot at Cheaper Than Dirt.
    At SGAmmo they had a 500 count Winchester, same ammo for $165, or .29 cents per shot. If you went to the 1000 shot you save .1 cent per shot.

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

You can also sign up for ammo alerts from www.wikiarms.com just put in the caliber and the price per r

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I guess I temporarily lost all common sense, but I walked into the little pawn shop on the way home from work the other day and saw this hanging on the wall...a new C308 for $500. I read at least 10 reviews and most agreed that it's pretty decent for a budget G3 clone. So, home with me she went. I need this like a lump to the head but I think it's cool:D

[​IMG]

K51000 and bored&stroked like this.
  4. I’ve shot one of those, not a bad gun for the money. I’m not full on Broome but the mess on that table drives me nuts :)

K51000, MachineR1 and rd400racer like this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've got one on a 9mm carbine, works well, I know a few others using them in 3 gun fun as well.

Jedb likes this.
  6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Look into the p365 or p365XL also. I have the 3rd gen version and it's been flawless with all the factory upgrades. Everything new in a store now should be 3rd gen with all the bugs sorted. The XL has the slightly longer slide with optic plate and slightly girthier grip module.

worthless likes this.
  7. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

I’ve never used the 507c but I’m running the 510 on my AR9 and for the price I’m highly impressed with holosun products .

It’s held up to being abused in competition very well for over 2 years. I’d take it over any eotech I’ve used or owned .

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

The 365 is bigger than what I'm looking for I think. I'm interested in something more along the lines of the 938 in terms of size.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Have you held one in your hand? Not that much of a difference. Both are nice pieces...just a matter of personal preference. I like having the extra capacity and it still boggles me that you can put 10 rounds in the p365. It feels like a single stack.
    The one shown below does not have the manual safety that is now available.
    upload_2019-9-11_14-41-43.png

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I thought I remember there being a bigger difference in size, but the listed dimensions are very similar. I'll take a look at it again.

What are the thoughts of striker fired vs hammer fired?

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Have you looked at a Glock 26, or 27?

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Battle rifles are where its at my man.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Striker fired guns typically run on a 2 piece chassis style of rail while hammer fired usually run a one piece integrated frame rail design. The striker guns typically require 'less' maintenance because of this. Think of Glock, FN, CZ, and other polymer striker guns only need a small drop of oil on the tab rails while the hammer integrated rails usually require more oiling more frequently. Also in concealed carry there's nothing that can wedge itself in a striker design but can in the hammer and firing pin during the course of your day.

I personally love the hammer and striker guns equally for different reasons but CCW is a no brainier for me.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks for the suggestion. I just bought the 510C, and an HK-low profile mount. All with a gift card I won a couple of months back.
    Will post pixs of the setup once it's on the MP5.

Thanks!

knutz likes this.
  15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Is it legal to sell me a 9mm thru the mail/shipping?

And if so, (not a felon, no charges, no record, etc .) What cha got?

16. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Yes and no....

Yes it’s legal to make the deal through the internet. No I can’t ship it to you. It must be shipped to an FFL then you can pick it up after undergoing the normal background checks , pistol permit etc etc etc .... that are required .

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

This came home today person at the office needing cash 1980 Marlin 30-30 with jm stamp and all that

Gotta Leupold I’m gonna throw on it and some normal rings and It’ll be good to go. It appears to be zeroed with the Simmons that’s on it and Im sure it’s fine as is

[​IMG]

Britt and Jedb like this.
  18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

A Marlin 336 with checkering and a Skinner Peep sight is on my "some day" list.

Steak Travis likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not a fan of over/under rings? Works good in brush country.

Britt likes this.
  20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’ve got a skinner peep on my Henry golden boy my brothers got me for a wedding present with the wedding date on the tang. The sight is awesome and still keeps the “old” look

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019