1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Your numbers were down because people knew you’d be there :) I tried to make it out but the weekend got away from me . There was also a UGA game

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wasn't there :p

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

@MELK-MAN are you going to race Barber this year?

4. Damn. I should’ve gone then :)

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I had an opportunity to catch the crash clip on FB. That was a racing incident, nothing more, nothing less.

backbone, No Brakes and twodocs like this.
  6. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

This. Watched it a few times.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The clip I saw was right at the crash. Is there a clip out there that shows more of before the crash actually happened?

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I think it was more leading up to that crash, including previous races.

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yes ! !

the GNF :)

JBall and BigBird like this.
  10. MELK-MAN

But you do see the hilarity and irony here though right ? Yes, by definition, per the law, yada-yada.. it's assault (pretty sure). But give us a break, it's all over FB, people saying it's assault, that Pat's behavior is indefensible, etc. but COME ON.. it's a half empty plastic water bottle, tossed like forwarding a football (pushing it away), at a BIG guy (Hayden is not small), in FULL leathers with armor, back protector, and a helmet with face shield down.
    This isnt' a glass bottle being winged in a bar per your example, at an unsuspecting patron that's chatting with someone or playing billiards, who in all likelihood would be seriously injured or killed if the bottle hit them in the head just right.

The other irritating fact i see overlooked by those just seeing the "bottle assault" vid from the track camera, is they aren't taking into context WHY the plastic water bottle was tossed, and why Pat k was pissed... i'm NOT saying he was right, or even that Hayden's riding was suspect, but it's very evident Pat K THINKS that Hayden had gone too far with his riding against his son, and MANY dads reading this might have acted in a similar fashion had they been in Pat's shoes.
    Unprofessional? yep. Potentially arrest worthy assault per letter of the law? perhaps .. but people should give the assault thing a rest already. These guys grid up, bang bars, crash at INSANE speeds and use CRUTCHES to get on the bike the next day, yet a friggin water bottle is what is getting people all worked up?

Hayden is an incredible rider, dirt track, roadracing, he's amazing.. and it's awesome that Rick M. has worked with him and his family for years! In same breath, i think SDK is one of the most talented riders i have seen come on the pro scene in my 15 years of racing.. it's just sad this situation has polarized many fans like us, into "taking sides" .. bummer.

rcarson15, Laz and grasshopper like this.
  11. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Hayden can handle himself for sure. Not a small guy and I think he tries pretty hard to keep his weight down. I’m sure if he trained weights and ate enough, he would be the size of a linebacker.

I think his contact with PJ at Pitt factored into it. Bobby and Hayden - they’re both guilty, but the Pitt incident and then the fact that he was throwing hands everywhere at PJ.. it’s like “dude”. Also the contact on Saturday with SDK did not help.

I really enjoyed his “man in a van with a plan”. Still a fan of his, just wish he would cut the hands crap out. Lastly, it’s easy to forget how young these guys are.. SDK is 17, Hayden is what, 24?

No need for a dad to get involved in that.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You know you want some Dunlap fun

13. MELK-MAN

in all seriousness, it could happen next year a couple times. First, gotta see if they will waive the "50 is max" on the age thing ;)

TX Joose likes this.
  14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I don't always agree with you but this time I do 100%. You pretty much summed that up perfectly. You won the internet today Greg. Go ride your dirty bike.

BigBird and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

They'll wave it. :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Since no 1 else has said it...

Watergate

badmoon692008, rcarson15, Laz and 3 others like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

My take is there's no place for that in the paddock period.

It happened. Time for all involved to put it behind them and move on.

badmoon692008, MELK-MAN and stk0308 like this.
  18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ehh, I’m as big a asshole as they come and I’ve never thrown anything at a rider I thought wronged Kris...

badmoon692008 and stk0308 like this.
  19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica is missing out. There should be a official MA bottled water to throw.

G 97 likes this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

New drink from redbull. Weaponized Water

[​IMG]

Ducti89 likes this.