1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I like the way you think!!:beer:

BigBird likes this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

As a former race dad, I can see why Pat Kelly tossed a water bottle. Better than tossing fists. We raced against Dylan when the boys were like 6-7 years old. His dad was always friendly and easy going. I think that Hayden is just letting the red mist get the better of him. More than anyone else out there, he knows how bad racing can get. I'm sure there is no intent to cause a crash.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Same observation here. I was surprised with the excellent weather that there were not more spectators as in years past. The vendor area had only a few vendors. Attendance looked more like a Track Day than a professional event, which sucks because the event was great.

I too tried to support, but I was disappointed more for the racers and series as it was a well run event.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

We went in 2016 and 2017 and it just seemed way bigger. The fan walk on pit lane even seemed off.
    We skipped last year due to the rain, but in the previous two trips, the weather was great and the crowds seemed way larger. Bike corral parking seemed much lighter too.
    We were only there Sunday, but it was a great show.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was at the very one first one like what 10 years ago, and there was barely any room to walk that year, it was AWESOME. Sadly, this was nothing in comparison. The racing and racers were still awesome though.

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I thought turnout was pretty good. But I agree the paddock activities and vendors were pretty limited.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

It was hard helping in the pits with the wings so I had to ditch them :D

And keep your head up, you started and finished another professional race, that there is something to proud of!

Gino230 likes this.
  8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

That is interesting, you would think the 6R forks would quicken the steering vs the N650 forks as they are shorter and would put the bike more on its nose? I have 6R forks on my N650 but have never ridden them with the stock forks so have no comparison.

9. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

This is NJMP, and racing in general. MotoAmerica is the only event at NJMP that still draws any crowd. At one time they even had Grand Am. The first year they ran them without the T3 chicane and they were wheeling over the hill. Scott Pruitt also had his car cut in half because pit wall started later.

NHRA, NASCAR, etc. are all losing attendance.

5axis and BigBird like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not many people were very knowledgeable about the ZX-6R back then, but someone from GMD Boston raced one, and was like it's the opposite of say a R6, the ZX-6R likes to have the front higher than most, and the weight not on the nose. I never really messed with it much after that knowledge as I sold the bike soon after.

Having ridden both setups, the stock forks with better internals is by far and away a much better feeling, at least to me. Turn-in and "flickability" is amazing compared to the 6R forks...feels almost better than a R6.

11. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I think I remember hearing a similar thing about the 6R and its geometry. It was why NOT to put a shock spacer or similar in the rear if IIRC. I wonder what way you could replicate that with the 6R forks on the N650 if at all since I don't have the stock front end. Too bad we don't have some data to work towards setup wise with that (weight distribution, geometry angles, etc)

BigBird likes this.
  12. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

We have a local FZ07 here (Brainerd) that is still on stock forks (w/ carts) and stock linkage that was within a couple tenths of Parrish when he was up testing the FZ07 2 weeks ago. The overall suspension seems to be educated guesswork!

r6boater likes this.
  13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it borderline assault... It's actually assault. There are things called laws and words have definitions and this definitely falls under that category. Do I think the cops should be called and charges pressed? Definitely not, but to say that people calling it assault are wrong is just ignoring facts. If you were out drinking one night and threw a bottle at someone in front of a cop good luck telling him that it's laughable that he's arresting you. :crackup:

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I think his intention was different from the way he was restrained. LOL The water bottle was the last ditch effort.

418, BigBird and Britt like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering the amount of shit he was given since a young kid just because of his dad CU has kept his temper way better than most would. He like others has also grown up and learned from past mistakes, just like Hayden will.

MELK-MAN and Britt like this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Eagles opening day certainly didn't help attendance.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet a bunch of it was Dorian caused on top of the two days seeming like they aren't worth it for vendors and fans. Even though everyone knew Dorian would be long past it's amazing what people freak out over.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, didn't think about that. Our numbers at Road Atlanta were down too but can't blame Falcons for that since they were up North. However NJMP taking a lot of kids and twins along with AHRMA at Talladega and STT at Barber on new pavement all adds up to too much stuff in too small an area for anyone to do well. Sucks really.

19. I should’ve reworded that, I understand the law and yes it is technically assault. I was more leading towards some calling it borderline assault trying to deflect or justify the on track incidents. The two are linked but are separate incidents. I didn’t explain it as well as I should have.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. I think Hayden will adjust and end up being faster. He was appeared to actually be losing time with his antics.