1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That Houston game pissed me off. Deshaun Watson is back there fighting for his life behind a useless O Line, drives them 80 yards in two plays in what has to be considered a heroic drive and O'Brien goes prevent against Drew Brees. You have to be an idiot to think he not going to torch you with you laying off 25 yards and them only needing a FG.
    No reason in the world one of the most mobile QBs in the NFL gets sacked 6 times. He was the most sacked last year. He's on pace to eclipse that. The GM should be ashamed. They'll ruin that guy.
    That said, congrats to the Saints. Drew Brees is amazing and Sean Peyton called a great final drive. Kicker has a cannon for a leg too. I hope NO gets revenge for that bullshit call last year and I'd be OK with both these teams meeting in the SB.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    roy826ex and BigBird like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

The only thing a Prevent defense does is prevent you from winning

roy826ex likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The odd part about that is that the only people that don't seem to know that all have jobs as head coaches in football. Every other person that has ever watched a football game knows that as fact. I don't get why that shit still gets used.
    Same with the "prevent offense" of trying to run out the clock in a close game from way too far out. Almost always ends up costing the game.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Go with what got you there. Trust your players. If you bring pressure and get burnt by a great play, so be it. Sitting back and letting a guy as talented as Drew Brees pick his shots is idiotic.
    I hate conservative play calling. Deshaun deserved better. He left it all out there on the field.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I first heard that when John Madden was in the booth. That philosophy is why I have respect for Mike Shanahan. When the Broncos won (I believe) their first Super Bowl, they were faced with that decision in the final moments. The defensive coordinator asked what Shanahan wanted from him and the response was "just keep doing what you've been doing".

BigBird likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is the rule that says he can't... Price is a moot point, most of those guys can easily afford that level of bling.

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Doesn’t everyone drink a beer in celebration? Dude was just trying to be a good host :beer:

BigBird likes this.
  9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well but all of the necklaces and thick gold chains could be classified as hard objects too...I seem to remember someone getting all bent out of shape a year or two back because the defender ripped his chains off :crackup:

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wait. Was he wearing it DURING the game?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yes.

Beckham says he'll keep wearing watch in games
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27586528/beckham-says-keep-wearing-watch-games

Odell is somehow always the victim: "If anybody else would've worn the watch, if it was a $20 watch, it wouldn't been no problem," he said. "That's just my life. If it ain't this, it's something else. If it wasn't the watch, it would've been the way I'd tied my shoes."

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nah...just another narcissistic fool who is so self centered that he is a blight to his team.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Around the neck under the uniform isn't the same thing. Beckham does have a point about the braces but I'd bet there is a safety gear exception.

14. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Wait... are you talking about the new guy the Patriots got?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think AB has some CTE going on, Odell has been this way since Day 0

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

OBJr is afraid AB is going to steal some of his bi-polar thunder.

jksoft and socalrider like this.
  17. Sabre699

No.
    Must be from his beat old helmet.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    BigBird likes this.
  18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

was going to reply along the same lines. pre-season was dominated by AB stories... OBJr was getting tired of not having the spot light on him.

Razr likes this.
  19. Sabre699

All that will reveal is an illuminated douche bag.

socalrider and BigBird like this.
  20. Sabre699