1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Does it? I mean, what did he really give up? People keep saying $20+ million, but he also unloaded a 3 year contract from a loser of a team to get 1/3 of the money for 1/3 of the work on the most stacked team in the NFL. There really should be consequences for players being cut for this type of thing to prevent exactly this situation from happening.

If nothing else, this hurts the collective bargaining agreement for the players. I don’t see many owners putting up with this kind of shit. He assaulted his GM and gets a contract with a better team 3 hours after he’s fired?

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Ryan Leaf said the same thing... when Ryan Leaf is giving you life advice, you’re fucking up.

AC1108 likes this.
  3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

. Achievement level 20

AC1108 and Lawn Dart like this.
  4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I was thinking of his original Steelers contract that he got himself out of that would have paid way more than $9mil this year. I can't find the exact numbers but I think it was around $15mil. A lot if people think he also orchestrated his way out if Pittsburgh to get that guaranteed money he was missing from the Raiders.

I can kind of understand a move from the Raiders to the Pats, especially if winning is a priority which he has never given any indication of. I doubt the Pats are going to let him skip meetings and practices.

Oh, and he made Gruden look like a fool.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

He worked his way out from being under contract to the Steelers, gets released from the Raiders straight into free agency.

Steelers got how many draft picks in the trade from the Raiders? A 3rd and a 5th, and last I checked, the Raiders normally draft well before the Patriots.

Steeler Nation should all tell Antonio Brown, "Thank you."

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Not much. A 3rd and 5th I believe. Also apparently I had bad numbers for his Pats contract. $9mil signing bonus and up to $15 mil for this season. That is astonishing to be honest.

7. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

If you were the Steelers, would you rather have draft picks from the Raiders or the Patriots?

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I sure hope he doesn't get a ring :(

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well they already used them in this draft. They parlayed one of them to move up and draft Devin Bush, so it worked from that perspective and the drama level with him and Bell gone has dropped significantly. At least he doesn’t get to play tomorrow although I would be rooting for injuries on his part if he was.

AC1108 and dtalbott like this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just a shout out to the Jaguars "D"...even if Nick didn't get hurt and the new kid come out shining,
    your uncontrolled monster f@ckin' trash spewing mouths will never allow the team to advance. Thanks again.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Bills squeaked out a win after 4 turnovers in the first half. :)

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Watched the end of that one. Good for the Buffies.
    Stay tuned for Bird's comments on the Jets. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. Banditracer

A couple of the turnovers were just lucky bounced in the Jets favor but glad to see they didn't fold and fought back to win it.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Browns got beaten!

Lawn Dart and BigBird like this.
  16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Falcons start the season off with a giant queef lol

17. Banditracer

Was happy to see that, sick of hearing about how great they were going to be this year. Prove it on the field instead of running your mouth.

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  18. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Lions didn't lose!

:rolleyes:

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How about them COWBOYS!!!!:beer:

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Meh let me know when they beat a real team :crackup:...dak did have a monster game though.