1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No idea. My first guess was that it was probably some soccer player. But I really don't know.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Is it Leclerc’s dad?

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

His Dad passed a couple years ago. I thought maybe Bianchi ‘s Dad, since the families were close and Jules was Charles’s Godfather.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

1. Pushed LH44 off. Warned.
    2. Multiple moves blocking. Warned.
    3. Cut the corner. Warned.

But Vettel got clobbered in Canada by the stewards. :rolleyes:

DrA5 likes this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

YES YES YES! Finally Ferrari wins the Italian GP!

Viva la Ferrari!

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yeah but they’d already given Vettel the most severe penalty they could issue other than a black flag. They weren’t going to penalize the second Ferrari too. Hamilton has this championship sewed up so they needed a little excitement and by letting Ferrari win their home race they got that excitement.

BigBird likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Was Enzo Ferrari Canadian? :Poke:

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haven't watched any races this year, but from the clips I see here and there, Leclerc is really impressive. Sure is awesome to see him thrash his teammate so badly as a rookie :)

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is his second season.

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Anyone else confused why Vettle got a 10sec penalty but Stroll got a drive through?:confused:

and I don't buy the excuse that the difference was due to Vettle stopping for a wing. Same infractions should result in equal penalties.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The only thing I can figure is Vettle caused the whole situation... but yeah, even Stroll has said it was odd they didnt get the same penalty.

Seb picked up 3 points on his license too, so he's gotta race super clean the rest of the year or he could be suspended for 1 race.

BigBird likes this.
  12. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

At first I couldn't believe that Seb pulled out onto the track like that. It looked like he turned his head left before going onto the track so just not sure if the car was blocking his view or what.

13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Even though Vettel’s actions were worse, his penalty was better. All he had to do was remain stationary for 10 secs during one of his stops. Stroll had to do a drive through with no pit stop, so basically a 20 sec penalty when all is said and done, as Stroll then had to make a separate tire stop. Vettel did a two stopper, but that was because Ferrari is hard on their tires.

14. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I figured it was because he caused contact with Stroll. When stroll did it, no contact. Only thing I can come up with. Still, it's always nice to see "The Finger" implode... :D

15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Anybody else watch F1 via ESPN3 on Sling? You used to be able to watch practice, qualy, and the races on demand, but now the only things that come up for me is F2. Anybody else having issues?

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

No but they still have all of the sessions on the ESPN rocky app. Get someone’s cable login and use that.

17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Vettel had to do a drive through with a 10 second stop and ended up losing about 30 seconds. I could be wrong, though.

18. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

10 second penalties mean that the car has to sit in it's stall for 10 seconds before the mechanics are allowed to touch it, but they're still allowed to work on the car making it much less punitive than a drive-through because they can recover some strategy (or whatever Ferrari calls strategy) by changing tires.

19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  20. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. :bow: I thought Vettel got away with one again.