1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PMT slicks

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by mattology, Aug 31, 2019.

1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

Who are you ordering your PMT's through?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

For what bike?

3. mattology

17" for Aprilia RS50

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I don't see PMT making 17" slicks? Pirelli has Moto#/125GP tires that may fit depending on the year of the RS

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Good call....I see PMT is making 12 inch slicks and 10 inch slicks...but nothing else.

I wish Perelli would come to that 10 and 12 inch market with a set of slicks.

6. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Minimobracing is where i have got mine. And they supposedly are working on 14 and 17 inch slicks.

7. mattology

Yes, they already have 17" slicks. I will order via minimob, but another question for pneumatica is, how good are the pirelli 125 slicks at low speeds like at mini tracks and what not ?

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Weird I looked at the mini mob site and didn't see any 17" stuff.
    I only have feedback from 125gp riders on regular race tracks and xr100 guys dirt tracking so sorry. And fyi the gp guys are very happy and the XR100 guys preferred the rains over hand cut slicks

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would think they work great. When we ran 125's the Pirelli's came out as we were moving to a SV, so we didn't try them, but I remember Anthony Alonso really liked them.

We did use Bridegstone and Dunlop 125 tires on kart tracks, and just ran much lower pressures vs. what we used when going to big tracks. I think we ran 19-22 lbs. and used warmers.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And Jason Uribe used them here and in the UK too. And what ever happened to Anthony and his family?

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They moved to Spain, I think they raced for about a year over there. AFAIK they are still living over there.

12. John Branch

John Branch 90125

I run Bridgestone's on rs125 ,and take of when done and run on my crf150r

13. Eroc

Eroc Active Member

I think they are making them now. Dunlop moto 3 tires or the bridgestones are good.

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I don't see that happening anytime soon, as the factory that builds race tires doesn't have the equipment to make small diameter tires.