1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorian

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 28, 2019.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

So sorry Pete. I hope your place made it. I've been hearing some realty bad reports. One person said there wasn't a boat still afloat in Man-O-War. Makes me wonder if I'll be sailing down there this fall.

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Negative auminer. It's just a ploy.

ROLL TIDE!!!

3. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Thanks Jon. It’s looking really bad.
    I meant to get in touch with you. When we were sailing back last June, I woke up and you were anchored right next to me off a Great Sale! We slid out before you were up.

kangasj likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

44 - 16

Go Tigers!

Spang308 likes this.
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

When do you think you'll be making it over to assess the damage? Have you been getting many reports from Elbow Cay? I heard Sea Spray was wiped out, a couple of the villas at Hope Town Inn and Marina were pretty bad. There's a lot of property damage. Haven't heard anything about how the boats in the harbor faired.

No kidding.....Great Sale? One of these trips. It was a slow spinnaker sail up to Grand and we ended up leaving for Charleston a few days later. Damn work was on my ass....

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I monitored a lot of the Abaco forums yesterday, and the videos I saw were pretty unreal. I read that the Harbor Lodge on Elbow was gone. I saw Firefly was pretty much destroyed. All the docks were gone. Nippers was gone from Guana. The school shelter at GTC collapsed but everyone there was safe. I know Marsh Harbour was putting out the most videos and it looked like a nuclear bomb hit it. I didn't see anything from the marina there but I can only imagine no boats survived. Really sad.

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

My neighbor grew up in Marsh, luckily his family is ok... However, he mentioned how he hopes Bakers Bay was completely destroyed.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  8. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Then there's this...
    . fence.jpg

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just put the wind map going again, friggen thing doesn't look like it's moved since I looked last night. Hard to think there'll be much left after this long of a pounding.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Oh the humanity !!!
    Not sure where it's going to hit on Thursday.
    But I know damn well I'm going to lose satellite signal.
    And without a doubt the Bears/Packers game is going to be interupted now stop with hurricane updates.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Vid in the youtube thread. Looking like Katrina over there.

12. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine much sustaining nearly 24 hours of that bombardment.

BigBird likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That dudes an idiot.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

IF they live through it what's the point being there? Everything around them is gone, roads impassable, no public works whatsoever and those neighbors drowning next door will be stinking in the heat.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never been there - do they not build on stilts like the houses on the US barrier islands do? Seen a lot of first floor flooded stuff.

As for why, I can see a handful of reasons to stay. Animals, lack of funds, stubborn, stupid...

K51000 likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You should watch the video.

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The house in the video was on 15 foot stilts? I couldn't make that out in the video. It appeared water was all around him. Just damn!

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He says "15ft up on stilts" in the video. I guess he's saying he is 15ft above the ground.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for posting that video, that is crazy. Do you know if it has passed his area, or if the water is still rising?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, didn't watch that one yet. I'm sure some are so for him that is the main floor. I was thinking of the others I have watched so far and they all are talking about being on the second floor and showing water splashing up out of interior stairwells.