1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimes Against the State

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The immigration and other recent discussions got me thinking. We seem to have a fundamental disagreement on the purpose of laws. Clearly, a crime against another person is both morally and legally wrong. You should not be able to kill, hurt, or steal from another without suffering some sort of legal consequence. But what about all the other stuff where there's no victim, even indirectly? So many of the laws on our books are for things that don't hurt anyone at all, but seem to be there because doing whatever the law prohibits "might" negatively affect another: immigration, drug laws, speeding, prostitution, etc.

There's been a lot of talk of "but they're criminals - they're breaking the law" but who's law, and is it justifiable?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our laws enacted by our elected officials and yes they're justifiable as well as enforceable. Don't like the laws, change the laws. Until that point follow and enforce the laws. Of course the entire question isn't surprising considering the source. You truly absolutely and thoroughly just don't get it.

That even goes for the idiotic sanctuary cities.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

One of the biggest problems in the countries
    the illegals are fleeing is lawlessness.
    The US becoming lawless also (for some people)
    is not the answer.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's the fucking point. Do we like the laws or do we feel they need to be changed?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So we need more laws? More cops? More prisons?

Glad to know somebody like you votes:eek:

[​IMG]

6. In Your Corner

We need to enforce the laws we have, it's really quite simple.
    We are supposed to be a nation of laws.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How many laws do you think we have on the books?

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

you will need to try harder on the victim free crime.

Immigration makes a victim of every person who has to pay higher taxes to provide social services to this people, whether temporarily or permanent. Not a "might" It also makes of victim of immigrants, which has been widely documented, not also not a "might"

Drugs have killed millions and drive huge amounts of violence, auto accidents, household accidents, etc. Not a "might"

Speeding kills millions. Not a "might"

Prostitution puts thousands into indentured servitude to others, spreads disease, breaks up marriages, and has its own mark on violence. Not a "might"

I am trying to think of a totally victim free crime that only "might" have an outcome and I cant think of any.

tl1098 and code3ryder like this.
  9. In Your Corner

How about we stick to immigration laws.
    You have a real problem paying attention
    to the subject hand.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I started
    a new
    fucking thread
    for just
    that purpose

11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Those are the impacts of illegal prostitution though and I'd argue cheating (with or without a pro) breaks up marriages.

12. Fonda Dix

agreed.

you know what breaks up more marriages than any other thing?

upload_2019-8-29_13-2-7.jpeg

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, none of those directly cause injury to a victim. You're falling for the gag.

Immigration causes none of those things - however, it being illegal tends to lead to those things.

If drugs cause you to commit crime, why not just charge you for the crime the drugs cause you to commit? Being hungry might cause you to steal a candybar from the minimart - should hunger be illegal?

Speeding doesn't hurt anyone. Crashing hurts a lot of people.

Prostitution does none of that - pimps, dirty people, immoral people, and violent people do that. Charge them for the crimes they actually commit, not for the business dealings between two consenting adults.

Want more nonsense? It's illegal to collect rainwater in many jurisdictions. It's illegal to work on your own house, trim your own trees, etc. Isn't even illegal to PUMP YOUR OWN GAS in New Jersey?

14. In Your Corner

I know, you couldn't drag the other thread down the road
    you want to go so you started this thread.
    You think you can make us agree with your starting premise
    of "you might as well lay back and enjoy it" and we won't.

"I give up" is not a good starting point when you are problem-solving.

15. Fonda Dix

I would posit that anyone who sees a person who willingly signed a loan agreement as a victim but a person beaten by a pimp is not is out of their fucking mind and should be ignored. I should have stayed away. Good on you, I acquiesce bro, you won, I just cant anymore.

tl1098 likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nope, just wanted to have an overall discussion that wasn't tainted by your fear of "them dirty messicans".

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:clap: Why is it so hard to understand that if a person WANTS to sell themselves for sex, it should be okay, but if a person is MADE to sell themselves for sex, it's not? It's not the selling that should be illegal, it's the making.

You're a hypocrite. You claim to be a conservative, but you're against freedom. You only want laws IF they fit your narrative, or IF they benefit you. What you really are, is exactly like the hardcore libs you claim to hate. You want just as much control and authority as they do, just inverse on most topics. You want a government that does your bidding and they want a government that does theirs. Two heads, same snake.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Just because the law is an ass it doesn’t mean we can selectively follow it. Lack of enforcement is the very definition of lawlessness. Bad or outdated laws should be repealed or modified via the democratic process, not simply flouted. That’s what makes us a nation of laws, and not a nation of the whims of men.

19. Fonda Dix

You got one thing wrong. I am no conservative. I’m a nationalist. Conservatives are just useful idiots for some of my causes.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The dirtier the Messican, the better. I love me some Latinas. If you don’t, you must be with the gays.