1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorian

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pounding it's way toward the Sunshine State. Here we go...
    Projected to hit the east coast around Daytona or so on Monday.
    Gas up the gennys and load the coolers. Stay safe.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm waiting till Friday/Saturday to firm up my plans. Forecast keep intensifying over last 24 hours, from minor TS to now a level 3 hurricane at landfall.

Track could still push north, but I've already got my gameplan in place and we're stocked up on supplies/fuel.

I'm just south of Melbourne, we are still very much within that projected landfall projection.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bitch better move on quick early in the week. Can't afford a hurricane at Road Atlanta.

joec, Kyle Brosius and noles19 like this.
  4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Lovely timing.....supposed to get a roof done on a building in West Melbourne. Insurance inspection required it. If we get slammed I'm F'd.

Fox has it hitting the Cape.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's definitely getting stronger... We had some strong wind and rain on Sint Maarten today and it was just on the outskirts of the storm. Where there was no waves there were Big waves today.

And yeah we'll be following the storm home over the weekend

Sent from my smatrfone
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    TurboBlew, Metalhead and Steeltoe like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The sumbitch just gained hurricane status.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Keep your head down.

BigBird likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Eff that. its his fault its coming to US. Didnt you read what he wrote the storm is following him home. He's a witch...burn him and the storms will go away...

:D

K51000 and BigBird like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dorian is making the skies look a little gray.

dtalbott, rd400racer and ChemGuy like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Can you paint a portrait of him...er it?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

The view right now...winds and rain and thunderstorm... Can't even see the beach[​IMG]

Sent from my smatrfone

K51000 and Kyle Brosius like this.
  12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I'm a little more stressed about this one than normal. I like to be prepared well in advance, but I'm working extra hours and third shift this week to meet a deadline, so had/have virtually no time to get odds and ends and prep. We're pretty well equipped in general, so we'll probably do fine, but it makes me nervous working right up until the space center closes down.

Was hoping to get some time off labor day weekend to make up for the killer work schedule, but so much for that.

Stopped to get some gas on the way to work tonight and some stations were already out of gas.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  13. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Brotha Ali - Dorian

Excellent song.

SuddenBraking and R1Racer99 like this.
  14. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

here in st pete i'm gonna start getting stuff in the morning

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

We are down in Sarasota. Filled up yesterday the diesel. Have a Honda quiet ready. Storm should hit us on Monday which is my 40th. Actually glad to be able to have a quiet bday but not glad why.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I hear you on the "quiet" birthday. Not sure I would want a storm looming though.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

Anh. I grew up in West Bay on Grand Cayman Island. Christmas Eve 1989 we woke up to waist deep waves rolling through our home. Was a total loss. So I’ve been around this shit. I love a good storm to sit inside and listen to. Fortunately my pawn shop is an all concrete building with concrete roof with llumar hurricane proof tint on the front glass. So we always have that as a fallback place. Fortunately being on the left coast we won’t get the brunt of this guy.

MELK-MAN, Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I turn 40 this year too. I want my immediate fam around and not too much hoopla either. where's that you know you're getting old thread again

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

Lol. I don’t care about the number. This is the best shape I’ve ever been in and best I’ve ever felt thanks to chasing doctors for 10 years. Life through medication. Ahhh lol. But yes I definitely enjoy quiet. I just wish I was in a cabin in a blizzard in Colorado ready to go snowboarding this weekend instead.

BigBird likes this.
  20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Looks like it will come right across us here in the Ocala area.

Quicktoy likes this.