1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA VMD 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll post the link to live timing once I'm there and have everything set up but for now we have move in info from the AMA -

2019 AMA Vintage Grand Championships, July 5-7, 2019

COMPETITOR PADDOCK PARKING GUIDELINES

GATE TIMES/PARKING INFORMATION

1. Gate opening times on Thursday July 4, 2019. (No entry into the facility prior to these times).

• 9 a.m. - Ross Road Gate for MX/Off-Road Racing Competitors only.

• 9 a.m. – Gate 3 for Roadracing Competitors only.

• Both the Ross Road gate and Gate 3 will be open 24 hours beginning Thursday.

2. Any early arrivals prior to Thursday July 4 at 9:00a.m. will be directed to a staging parking lot off sight.

3. Due to issues from the Fire Marshall, parking spaces will be 25’x40’ as marked off by Mid-Ohio Staff. All fire lanes must be respected.

4. Marking off space for competitors prior to the Thursday July 4th 9am opening WILL NOT be allowed. Any marked off space will be removed prior to opening the gate at 9 am.

5. We highly recommend all parties be present when parking and setting up your pit space. If you come in with a vehicle after the official gate opening at 9 a.m. and try to mark off a large area for friends, the AMA will not be responsible for any “saved space” issues.

2. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

i cant wait to move some trailers! see you there

3. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Be careful, I arrived at 9pm Thursday night last year and they wouldn't let me in...

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

you were just a lowly club racer then... I'm sure they'll roll out the red carpet for you this time!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The could very well close the paddock after a certain point to keep people from parking badly. I'll try to find out for sure tomorrow.

Waterboy likes this.
  6. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

They wouldn't let me in at 9am.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They didn't last year, it was noon.

8. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Cool, just wanted to give peeps a heads up. I spent the night at the gate last yr :)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it can happen and a warning is always a good thing.

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Just wondering when and in what form VMD refunds may be given. My races 11 & 13 were canceled for Sunday 7/7. Asking because I'll be attending Grattan next weekend and if certs are going to be issued I'd like to use them there.

Thanks

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it with AMA - it will not be WERA credits because we don't keep any of the money from it.

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Got it. Thanks

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So an update on the VMD points - we are going to double them for the Saturday races that did not get to run Sunday. Was hoping to do it today but it's going to take a lot more manual work than I thought as the system is only set up to double point entire events which would give double to those who did get to run their second race so that doesn't work. I'll probably have to create another entire event and put the double points classes/results in that one manually so it'll have to be after I get back from Grattan, sorry about that. The money end of things is still being sorted.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got the points done - basically what I did was use the Saturday results to do finishing positions for the Sunday races. If a rider wasn't entered for Sundays version of a class then I slid everyone behind them up a spot. If a rider was only entered for Sunday I just did them as a DNS. Double checked all of those that didn't enter Sunday and didn't see anyone who is chasing a points championship, most just run VMD only so I don't think it'll screw anyone over doing it this way.

Updated it all online along with the National Vintage points as well as making sure everyones grid spots at Nelson will be correct.

Refund/credit stuff is being handled by the AMA and they have a very corporate type structure so keep being patient, when I have more news on that end of things I'll let you know.

15. ar556

ar556 Active Member

I just got a refund check from AMA in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2MM likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, looks like they all went out this week.

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Never got my refund for 2 races, can you guys look into it or is there someone at AMA I need to contact?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me.

One thing - missing the Saturday races that did get run Sunday morning doesn't get you a refund. Those are for the ones we couldn't run Sunday afternoon.