1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey tile guys

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Jan 20, 2017.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That's a primary concern, again why, I don't know. Just like some former neighbors moved into the house across the street and closed off the window to the bathroom. I can't understand the reason why.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For resale you absolutely need at least one in the house.

speedluvn likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

No tub anywhere in the home after this one goes out. We are installing a bench though.

My buddy put a mini inflatable pool for his little one in their stand up shower. Worked well enough until the ankle biters grow up.

4. speedluvn

Is this the . . . wave, of the future?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

not sure about that, but it's definitely the wave of the Mrs.

6. speedluvn

But has she considered resale value as an possible future concern? It's worth the discussion.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not sure it is a wave but I am never going to feel clean sitting in a tub of water wafting around my asshole. Resale be damned. No tubs in the new house.

BigBird likes this.
  8. speedluvn

Must be a millennial thang :rolleyes:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing to do with clean or not and everything to do with relaxing surrounded by hot water. Granted I don't fit in the damn things (length not width so shut up) so it's been forever but I have goo memories. After I'd shower to get clean :D Hell of a lot better than a heating pad for sprains and muscle pulls and general soreness.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

We'll be there for another 10 years or so at a minimum, so not really a consideration.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

he's older than us I think....

12. speedluvn

Yeah, but his post was from a millennial perspective.

13. Venom51

That's what hot tubs are designed to do. Most people put in these giant 70 gallon tubs...put a 40 gallon water heater in and by the time the tub is full the water is luke warm and you get about 6 minutes before it's cold. Most don't buy the optional heater to make the tub useable to a nice hour long soak. The reality is that most of them never get used or certainly don't get used enough to justify the space they take up in the bathroom.

Steam shower and a bench is my go to for relaxing muscles.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    BigBird likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those are great justifications for what you've already decided :crackup:

15. Venom51

Nope I gave the little women her big tub in the first house. Even had the heater so you could soak as long as you wanted. I got used so often that someone had to remember to run water on occasion to keep the trap functioning. The one in this house has the same problem. It hasn't been used a single time in the 15 years we have lived here.

BigBird likes this.
  16. speedluvn

I recently had the displeasure of the above. It took away from the experience sitting in a large half filled tub of barely luke warm water.

As far as that steam shower/bench, that doesn't sound as comforting as soaking in a hot tub of water.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So? Lived in ours 20 years and never used any of the three we have, doesn't mean I'll get rid of all of them. Makes no difference to keep them in 2 bathrooms even if we redid those just in case.

18. Venom51

That's what makes the world go around. I see no place for them in the new house. Who ever owns it after I exit this rock can decide to put them back in if they wish.

BigBird likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How do you fit?

<exits, stage left>
    too late.
    This may be why you should consider a hot tub. We just put one in at the new house, because...the old house had one, and, well... my life is uxorious.

20. Venom51

Hell look at it this way. When you sell it some woman is going to walk around with her husband and proclaim the house is perfect and just what she wants. They'll buy it and 3 weeks later she is going to tell him about all the stuff that needs to be torn out and redone so I don't get hung up on putting something in the house based on what the next owner might want.

BigBird likes this.