1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The genset is usually whatever the main engine is and runs off the same tank. Pickup for it is a little higher so you don't run the rv itself dry and can't move it.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thanks. Really looking forward to seeing how we like this experience.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

If you want to check out an older Outlaw I'll be there all weekend setup in the paved RV camping lot; stop on by.
    That seems like a great deal for the rental.

4. assjuice cyrus

Awesome, would love to stop by check it out and meet you.

Thanks. I'll wonder around and holler
    "Jksoft,assjuice is looking for you" :crackup:

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I sent you a PM.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

How did things go?

7. assjuice cyrus

Fantastic really. Had an issue and couldn't find a blown breaker, and about an 1/2 hr to figure out how to get the slide in. Sales guy didnt go over that cause we were in a hurry. Had to get the manual out to read that that keys have to be out of the ignition before slide would go in...

Drove good, only used about $160 in fuel driving there ,running gen set for 3 days and driving home. Didnt like that gen set was right under the master bed. But by the second night you got use to it. Pretty sweet to get up and take a hot shower, and be able to relax in a/c. Made traveling with family alot nicer. And the boy really like he could stand up move around, watch TV, and go to the bathroom. There may be a future purchase for next year. :D

Lawdog78 and ducnut like this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yes. There are lockouts on anything operable for camp purposes, which includes stabilizer/leveling jacks.

If/when you do purchase, make sure you get a Gen-Turi and exhaust extension for the generator exhaust. If you have any CO waft under the coach, it’ll find its way inside, set off the alarm, and shut down everything. Plus, it just get fumes up off the ground, which is good for everyone around.

I’m guessing, you’re now understanding why I think a Class A is so much more advantageous for family travel?

I’m glad you had a great time with it. When the family is excited and onboard with the idea, it makes it easier to justify the purchase. You may look into dirt bikes for everyone and have OHV be another activity to enjoy, while traveling the country.

9. assjuice cyrus

Damit, See what you guys did. Me and the wife are heading to a R.V. show this weekend.:eek::eek::D

ducnut, TurboBlew and ChemGuy like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Buy often and buy new.....

11. assjuice cyrus

Im not sure I want to do the often part....:confused:

12. An RV makes the racetrack experience so much better from the time you leave until you get home. Nice to pull in the night before, throw out the slides, jacks, etc and in 5 min it's your home until morning when you make a hot coffee.

TurboBlew, ducnut and assjuice cyrus like this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

Yea we did enjoy the experience at p.i.r.c.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Don't matter to me anymore. Yesterday was my last day at that job.
    Driving to atl for meetings & training for new gig today...

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If you get tempted, make sure to walk away, get lunch or whatever, and think about it AWAY from the unit. Sitting inside it and discussing it will surely sway your decision.

Dealers always have great deals at the shows.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have a feeling we are too. Seriously thinking about downsizing the Haulmark to a truck and trailer/toyhauler setup.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figure we will have some fun - I'm going to take details and pics of the RV with and if I find the right dealer willing to do a straight trade for payoff and a trailer they'll have a deal :D

Best part is Evelyne is a truly fun yet evil negotiator. She knows what she wants and logic/facts be damned, if they don't hit her numbers she walks :crackup:

ducnut likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

My Dad always called this making a clear distinction between “want” and “need”. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly! Although I kind of need to get rid of the RV payment long term it doesn't need to be right now.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was going to put a for sale sign on it at Nelson but since the skylight still has a mongo hand sized hole in it I decided to wait :D