1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Here is how my year has went.

I've only been 4 times with work and kids schedule.
    4 trips
    5 lures lost
    2 reels worth of seaguar invis-x 12lbs line gone threw. (Fucking birds nest..)
    Trip to cabelas for a couple new baitcaster rods,only to get home and realize I grab a spinning reel and didnt pay attention.

Had the boat sit outside for about 3 weeks due to garage being used, not thinking, I leave the plug in it like I always due. Cover got torn, I didnt notice the tear. Boat has about 7 inches of water in it when I finally move it back it the garage. Ruined all my soft plastics...

With all that said, I have caught ZERO fucking fish this year.

So yea, Fuck this shit...:Putter::Putter:

rd49 likes this.
  2. If I ruined all my soft plastics I’d be out about 1500-2000. I’m like an episode or hoarders but organized :) I’m heading out in about an hour, didn’t get any fishing in today and I just need some alone fishing time.

noles19 likes this.
  3. Oh and start with braid with a flourish leader tied on, much easier to cast and learn with.

noles19 and Scotty87 like this.
  4. Caught a bunch this size today, drop shot with a zoom z drop in... green pumpkin. I never thought they’d touch that as we had a big storm come through last night but they weren’t biting anything else. Once I found where they were hanging out I rotated around 4 brush piles between 15 and 25’. Caught 9 in 2 hrs 12 min, biggest only 2, 8oz.

Attached Files:

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Put a fuggin live bait out while you figure out the artaficials.

It's not how you caught them.

You can use all the same gear. Go look at the old folks using cane poles. They have the same smile as the guy with the $100k boat when they catch one.

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That’s the plan. Have two drop shots rods set up and ready to go. I’m way farther north, probably launch out of peninsula or sister bay.

Goby colored finesse shads, jerk shads, etc? Or like smallish Keitech worms?

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’d have to look at the exact worm color, but it was a dark color with a red/pink belly. Darker colors always work better up there. Will probably be back up there in a few weeks. Next 2 weekends I’m at the lake with the fam, up by Shawano. Planning to head to the cabin in Fish Creek the week after Labor Day, though. You’ll be golden up there. Just use electronics and find a ledge/drop-off. Fish off the ledge.

8. Scotty87

Will do. I have a couple spots marked from last year but could only fish for an hour or so, my passengers weren’t into it and complained about the flies. This year will be different.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

15-20’ is your sweet spot right now.

10. Scotty87

Solid. Thanks man.

11. Tell that to the BASS officials :). Jk. I agree. Go catch some fish while you learn. I look back at some of my “old” tackle and now am wondering wtf I was thinking. You learn slowly and keep plugging away. Trends come and go but it’s really just getting a fish to react to it’s instincts to either eat or protect. Look at the NED rig, it’s a friggin jig with about 1/3 of a senko on it and it’s its own brand and marketing campaign.

12. As seen above :). I was looking at some of the recordings last night. Crazy what it looks like catching a fish on chirp. I use chirp when actually fishing and the other fancy stuff when looking where to fish.

13. Ledges are key. They hang off the ledges in cooler water and wait for food. Bring them food.

Funkm05 likes this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Fuck you fish, I win....:crackup:

Attached Files:

Funkm05 and renegade17 like this.
  15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

16. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I've had the muskie bug this year. Caught my first "on purpose" one a few weeks ago. Lost one right at the edge of the water last weekend.

FB_IMG_1566346907494.jpg

Funkm05 and Skrawny like this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just started fishing again after taking like a 10 year break. And caught my biggest to ever last Saturday on a small buzz bait. Probably 5 pounds.[​IMG]

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

bacolmm and Canadian Bacon like this.
  18. Nice... Not much luck yesterday and it was 90+ with about 70% humidity, I can usually bear the heat but lack of sleep and relatively grumpy so headed in after about 1.5 hours after losing about a 3#er right before I was about to grab it. In Texas right now so won't be fishing until Friday night after I get home.

19. I’d say I was on the fish :)

Attached Files:

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

@Scotty87 ... when are you up here? Were you already? How’d ya do???