1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Stick Vacuums

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Nov 10, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dyson Animal here. That MF is a BEAST.

Dragginass likes this.
  2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I got a Roomie Tec on Amazon for $45.00 or so, after signing up for a Prime Card.

Works aiight on hardwood & tile floors (dog hairs & dust) Battery lasts about 20-25 minutes, but I'm done vacuuming in 10-15 minutes.

Still works fine after 7 months of daily use, although the basket is quite small.

It's got headlights too :)

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

We've had a cordless Dyson for about 4 years and wasnt impressed. Wife bought a cordless Shark stick vacuum last year and it's way better than the Dyson. It lasts longer between charges, suction is better, and the batteries are removable. We have a back-up battery in case we need it. On the Dyson, the battery isn't removable so when it dies, you have to wait until it's charged to resume using it.

We still own the Dyson but we haven't touched it since buying the Shark vacuum and Neato robovac.

XFBO likes this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

+1
    We went with the Shark cordless too, it was about the same $$$ as the Dyson but we preferred the extra battery, 2 battery charger AND numerous other accessories.......a motorized pet hair attachment for the furniture, a long flat attachment to vacuum beneath appliances (fridge, stove, etc...), etc... We've had it for about 6 months now and love it. One battery pretty much gets the daily duties done (mostly wood floors).

5. pushystone

pushystone Well-Known Member

Anything made by Miele seems to be far better than their competitors. I have used their vacuums for years. the last one was 14 years old when I finally retired it (still working!)
    it appears they make stick vacuums.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dyson. Corded and cordless. Just have to get in the habit of emptying them more than you'd change a bag out but they're easy to empty (assuming you don't let it get overfull). You do need to clean the filters and such every so often but it's worth it for as well as they work compared to old school.

7. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Agree.

I like the fact I can completely clean my dyson’s and they run almost as good as new.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You pricks made me go and buy a replacement battery for a Dyson that a family member left at my house a few years ago. See if $50 investment nets me this wonder of vacuum apparatus.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Prolly a good idea to have put "pricks" and "vacuum apparatus" in separate sentences. :D

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Any updates? Thinking Dyson V8 Absolute. Any sales?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have a Hoover Cruze. Works fine for quick pick-up of pet hair (I think my dogs have shed enough to reupholster three more dogs each year). Bought refurbished for about $70. Us a Shark corded for major cleaning. Very pleased with both. They replaced the Dyson I got during the great beeb vacuum buy from Target. They have lasted as long as the Dyson and work just about as well for half the cost of the half price Dyson. They are cheap enough to have one upstairs and one down.

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Took a look, Consumer Reports is not too kind to the Hoover Cruise. Tired of my upright on hardwood, looking for quick cleaning - beyond duster and broom. No pets, but damn my teenagers track shit in constantly.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm just posting my experience. Maybe there are some better, but I went for refurbished at a substantial cost savings. YMMV.

vfrket likes this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Have a Dyson. Can't recall the model.

Meh... It's better than a Black & Decker.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Have the Dyson cordless units gone with removeable batteries yet???

If not, and your normal vacuum duties require more than 15-20 minutes, might not be a great choice.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That pic sucks. That Bissel is worth it's $99 price tag.

18. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Thats what we got, or the red brand, whatever it is. Works better than a broom.

Metalhead likes this.
  19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Miele makes a quality product that lasts. The one I purchased, nearly a decade ago, still works great and is incredibly quiet for a vacuum. The only thing I've ever had to really do with it, is change out the hose, after a crack developed. I picked up one of the Dyson V8's, when the V10's first came out, and haven't touched the Miele since. Even with the "cheater" motors, the Miele can't compete with the cordless Dyson.

20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy