1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OHVALE GP-0

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 16, 2018.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

When is the top end required on the 110?

How intense is it to do a top end on the 110?

2. It is super simple.

1. Drop bike off.
    2. Say "Brian, rebuild this".
    3. Pick bike up.

:D

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I wonder how us 6ft+ guys would fit on them?

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Did you lose your shins in the war, Cotton?

5. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Has anyone reached out to Lehigh Valley Grand Prix in Allentown? They run gas karts indoors all year long. Might be an option for an indoor venue.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I know the owner through a mutual friend and brought minis up with him about 10 years ago. He wasn't interested.

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

It’s a fairly simple engine. I think anyone with decent mechanical ability could do it no problem.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. gpstar748

I plan on going there with a bike in person and trying to convince them.

neckbrace and mb17 like this.
  9. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Is the only difference between the 110-160-190 engine/gearbox related? The forks, Shock, brakes, etc are all the same spec/brand and quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Go in with the concept of liability on the owner's mind. And having all responsible adults out there riding. It only takes one person to spoil things.

We're doing a 3-hour endurance race at our place this weekend. Pit stops should be interesting/hilarious.

11. gpstar748

Yea...When we used to run at Allsports and they had zero issue with it because we all signed a separate and pretty ironclad liability form for the owner.

I'd like to get my own liability policy to show them but it's difficult to find anyone to write that sort of thing.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Problem is unless you roll in with your own full insurance policy there is no ironclad liability form - they sound great but anyone can sue for any reason and you still have to pay to fight it no matter if it'll be thrown out of court or not.

13. alex zinaich

alex zinaich Member

I just raced one yesterday. Won the unlimited mini class. I’m 5’10 210lbs and crushed 130-150 lbs riders on crf150r’s. I was on the 190 Daytona motor with a slipper clutch. Fun factor was a 12 out of 10! Excellent trainer bike for big bike racing. Perfect body position is critical. You know when you got it wrong. When you got it right I couldn’t go fast enough trough the corners. It took everything I threw at it. Seriously considering buying one now.

turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I know a couple of places to go for insurance if you want some ideas on who to talk with

15. gpstar748

hell yea!! :beer:

16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Has there been any movement on the plan to offer them in a street legal form?

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I've been doing MiniGP all year because going racing with my son is a blast. Been rockin' the Grom, and that's a lot of fun.
    But the GP0 seriously caught my eye and I was itching to give one a shot.
    So, I'm getting a 160 to play with and do some F2 in MiniGP...I'm pretty excited.

Those of you that are waiting for headlights, reconsider. MiniGP is growing. It's inexpensive and fun as hell.

masshole likes this.
  18. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The words racing and inexpensive do not go together.

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Very cool but starting at $4500 and going all the way up to $6900 they are definitely proud of them. Considering a 150r is now MSRP of $5100 that isn't too terrible I guess.

20. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I think the price is justified by the build quality . It’s not a slapped together china bike . Everything about it is legit - gotta pay to play

And chicks dig em