1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fredo is the equivalent to the N Word to Italians apparently

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Aug 13, 2019.

1. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Last night I asked Siri how old is Chris Cuomo: IMG_0576 (1).PNG

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Fredo?
    I wanna change my screen name.
    F r e d o . . .
    Sounds hip, man.
    :D

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, knew wop but don't think I've ever heard the origin of dago. Thought it came from some Italian word or another.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still think southern hate was much more socio-economic than anything as long as the politicians or some preachers stayed out of things.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't disagree with that. There is that whole "other side of the tracks" thing. I've seen more of it in smaller communities than larger cities...at least in my younger days.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've seen way more true racism up north than down here. Yet another good reason to stay in the south :D

Although the weather this last week did have me missing the mornings at Grattan the weekend prior...

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh Lord here we go again about how the North is more racist then the South. No doubt there is racism and perhaps there is a fundamental reason for not seeing it in the open down South. What is true racism anyway?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actual hate/dislike for someone purely based on skin color is the racism I'm talking about. No I don't care who is hating on who either.

It's not in the open or in private down here like it is in the north. The only reason I've ever been able to figure out is southerners really are more polite and tolerant and community based rather than cliquish or race based. Well, til you hit Southern Baptist true believing women although that isn't a racial divide either, black and white they hate all things not Southern Baptist and everything that is remotely fun to do. Their husbands however are the best source of where to get good shine :D

10. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Their wives are the reason that knowledge.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And we are grateful.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hard to see when your eyes are closed then....:crackup:

One of my closest friends had grandparents who moved to N.C. after retiring, one of them also had family down there. My friend would visit them annually, I can't even recall all the stories I've heard on how black folk were spoken to just about anywhere public down there, he couldn't believe it cuz that shit would not survive up in NJ area. Your statement kinda reminds me of Democrats today saying ideologies flipped since Lincoln.....suuurrreee they did. :crackup::eek: :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If people spoke to each other in NC like they did in Jersey they'd be shot - no matter their race...

Dunno who he was hanging out with or where but that truly isn't the case in the overwhelming vast majority of the south. I also think that a lot of southern expressions and manners of speaking could easily seem derogatory to yankees when that isn't the case.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whatchoo talking about Willis? I've hear the way New Yawkers talk to each other. Now that is nasty.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bless his little pea pickin heart.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

As long as they keep their place and don’t step out of line - nobody from the South bothers them and racism is avoided. LOL.

XFBO likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fredo, the Jeb Bush of the Cuomo family.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Unless they are the preacher.....worked with one. Of course instead of preacher call him a priest once and watch the meltdown :crackup:

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

100% true in Norwood during my youth. Colored folk didn't wander across the tracks. And they certainly didn't work, or live there. Hell, I didn't go to school with anyone other than whitey until I went to vocational school in Sharonville.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!