1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to vacate bats??

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 13, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I had one get in somehow last summer. Woke me out of a dead sleep with the flapping around over my bed. Looked for that damn thing for an hour after I chased it around for an hour and lost it. Apparently however it got in, it got out, and I still don’t know how it did either.

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Google tadhg fleming bat video.
    I rarely see bats here, wouldn't mind having them in a wee bat house to control bugs etc.

3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Many times bats will have more than one entry point to their nesting area.
    You have to be absolutely certain that all access points are blocked off, and then
    do the "one way" screen idea or hire a pro to install one of their exit tubes.

I had bats in the house I purchased two years ago and once the entry points were closed up
    and the tube installed, they find their way out in a day or two and can not get back in so they
    just go hang out somewhere else. I did have to wait 3 months though as bats are protected here
    in NJ from May first to the end of July. Of course I took possession of the house on May third....

BigBird likes this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Bats are on the protected species list. We had a colony last year in our attic. Had to wait till they left for the winter and then had the house bat proofed. They can squeeze through a 1/4 inch opening so you have to seal up all the cracks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Bugs Bunny eradication technique

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Brave one.

Banditracer likes this.
  7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Three pages and no one has told him we'll need video of him against the bat...

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Turn off the Bat Signal

[​IMG]

Sent from my smatrfone

9. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Sprinky and BigBird like this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

o_O

:stupid:

12. Scotty87

https://www.getbatsout.com/bat-guano-dangerous/
    Ask nearly anyone, and you’ll hear that bats (although beneficial in insect control) can be dangerous because they carry rabies. But a lesser known danger, and one that is not as easy to avoid, is histoplasmosis. Histoplasmosis is a disease you can get from exposure to bat guano (bat droppings).

13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

A Broome... get it? :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is that just bat droppings or any similar animal type droppings?

15. Scotty87

Until they day they start making armadillo guano, I'm gonna guess that an article stating the dangers of bat guano is limited to, ya know.... bats.

speedluvn likes this.