1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

yeah the only definite is that he is out of Ducati WSBK

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

TX Joose and Phl218 like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the first time Zarco and Fellon are in a room together to discuss their racing school. That has got to be awkward.

The Great One likes this.
  4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true regarding the salary difference, it won't matter. Supposedly it would take a dozen win bonuses and a championship bonus with Ducati just to match what HRC is offering him as a base salary. He can line his pockets with a two year HRC deal and race for free for the rest of his career if he wants.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Haven’t you heard.... Rea isn’t all that good and probably past his prime.

stk0308 and Robin172 like this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

It's definite that Bautista is going to Honda. Not definite who's getting the boot from the HRC team. One rider is constantly injured, the other one is even further behind in points.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why?

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That CBR must REALLY suck if they're willing to pay that much for a decent rider. Nicky couldn't win on it (besides that wet race) and so far this year you can barely tell they're even in the paddock.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There is supposed to be a new Honder Fireblade/ CBR1000/ whatever at the Tokyo motor show.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd google "new V4 fireblade" but my computer would crash downloading 20 years worth of false promises and hoaxes.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

add Bautista into that phrase and you'll be high siding all over the intragores.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I "lol'd" at the last two posts in real life.

14. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I did.

To bolster this point

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The new CBR unveiling will also feature the new fuel injected street legal CR500

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I wonder if it’s dogmatic commitment, or working with what they know until they eliminate higher value items? They obviously have tons of experience with WP and trellis frames, they might feel they’re better served in other areas like developing the motor, electronics, and personnel.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There’s nothing inherently wrong with a steel trellis frame. Ducati did great with one, and would probably still be using one had it not been for the frameless carbon thing that morphed into a partial aluminum spar.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

oh god i am so excited for this! :crackup: