1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m with you. These older pushers are much nicer on the road. The key is finding one with fresh tires, batteries, and services.

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I like the big storage compartment on both sides. Makes putting ezups, tables, & chairs away real easy.
    Bath looks spacious. Might opt for a real china bowl (about $200). I like the windows & counters in the master too.
    Looks like the genny is in the back under the bed.
    That could be an issue if you are a light sleeper
    But it looks like its delaminating by the water fill on the drivers side.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep.
    Id rather get a little older "luxury" unit with Freightliner Chassis, Cat, Cummins diesel, ducted AC, etc than a newer Forest river/Thor et al ford chassis based A. But thats just me.

ducnut likes this.
  4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

While I understand your point in showing me these. I am not sure I want a 37 plus foot rv with a trailer behind it.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What is the deal with the "ten year rule"? Is that something that's actually enforced or is that made up rubbish by the RV manufacturers trying to generate demand?

6. assjuice cyrus

I didn't even know you could get an rv without jacks. Glad you pointed that out to me. I thought all had jacks, just either manual level or auto level. Thanks.

7. assjuice cyrus

What is the ten year rule?

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Never heard of whatever it is.

The only Class C that are going to have a leveling system are the long, premium models (31’ and ~$100K). I believe, that is so the slides don’t bind. In the Class A, it’s going to depend on the model and if the dealer ordered them on the unit.

My 25’ Class C had power stabilizing jacks at the rear, which aren’t leveling. They only help reduce rocking on the rear suspension. Nothing on the front.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I hear ya. I was mainly showing those to see what else is out there in that price range and maybe a nicer unit.

The think is the smaller A's like you want arent as popular so less of them on the market. If you can be patient, keep an eye out and be ready to pounce you can find a small diesel A.

Good luck.

Also, you can get levelers, even auto on a class C. My buddy has a ~2014 or so Sunseeker that had auto level as an option. Stop. Push a button and done. Level. It is nice.

ducnut likes this.
  10. SuddenBraking

I only know about it from watching that "going RV" show on TV.

upload_2019-8-13_6-23-42.png

ducnut likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

I had recently run into this (mines a 2005). It was some crappy campground in Ocala that wanted pictures, copy of my DL, and insurance card before confirming my reservation. I was only staying 2 nights. :rolleyes: Id wally dock before I comply with requests such a place. On the flip side... places like Daytona or Disney dont care what your rig looks like or its age just so long as you are gone by checkout.

ducnut likes this.
  12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That's some elitist BS

StaccatoFan, TurboBlew and ducnut like this.
  13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I guess I've never tried to stay at a "upscale RV park" as I've never heard of this before. I can understand places not wanting a bunch of ratty old motorhomes hanging around and I guess having a fixed role makes it easier to enforce and less likely to have some sort of discrimination issue. We've done the Wal Mart thing plenty of times, usually when we are passing through and just need to catch some Z's. There is a truck camper that seems to be living at our local Wal Mart; I'm surprised they haven't booted him yet.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’d be something to roll up in a Prevost, Blue Bird, Tiffin, etc, and get turned away because it’s over their age limit.

15. TurboBlew

lol... not to paint all rv'ers with a broad brush but yeah. I bought mine to camp at race tracks and enjoy with family & friends. Not worried about where Im going to plug the umbilical into (which is another caveat)

ducnut likes this.
  16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, while we're talking cosmetics, all the colored swoosh stickers on my RV are curling up and falling off. Interestingly the black ones are fine? What's the best way to clean up the residue left behind by them? Also the front of the cabover has a soft clear plastic layer that's peeling in places, almost like a shipping film that wasn't removed when the panel was installed? Do I remove it completely (and reseal all those seams) or is there a way to repair it?

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Use an eraser wheel (TCP brand on Amazon-it has teeth. You don’t want the solid wheel, as they don’t last.) to remove the residue. Then, follow up with 3M adhesive remover. You can buy a foam pad and glaze to polish it out and get it back to looking like new.

That film is probably a laminate put over the nose to protect it. The shipping film is usually white and an obvious thing.

18. SuddenBraking

Does anyone make a short (30') class a toy hauler? Having trouble finding that.

craig641 likes this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. I’ve only seen the Outlaw Class C in around that length. I looked at one, but, I didn’t feel like having my bed be a convertible dinette or climb that fooking ladder into the overhead, every night.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member