1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire help

Discussion in 'General' started by sk8rat, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Well he was working it at the time, we can presume something went awry from that, no?

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Open it, expand it, zoom in.
    Look at the pic with the bike still upright.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

.....and now this forum is for 150mph backroad near accidents with farmers, quilting, E-Kart racing rivalries, paving and/or firepit, Blood Ninjas, Hamburger vs Cheeseburger pulling, trying to get a guy too fast for his own tires (or throttle control) on public roads to get to a track, and a multitude of other things so we're adding fire investigations and going "Backdraft" now?

Did I miss "Roadhouse" somewhere between Chaotic water buying crusades and Metalhead retiring?

K51000 likes this.
  4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Damn, what a tragedy. RIP bike and cars. When did lane splitting in parking lots become a thing?

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep.
    3ft screwdrivers at dawn.

And don't forget defending against flying ninja squirrels, what to do when a sugar daddy has your GF's naked pics on his phone and a host of other modern day problems.

The beeb is like a bad ass James bond version of dear abbey.

And shit

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Uh yeah, they do. Especially when they involve high pressure fuel injection systems and open gas tanks. I know, I’ve been a full time/professional firefighter for 20 years.

BigBird and Bloodhound like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With no ignition source?

K51000 likes this.
  8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

They’re more discrete than you may think. I’m leery of the whole ‘static discharge’ or errant spark thing, but shit does happen. The thing with an open tank is the vapors. Normally you can throw a lit match into a recently opened can of gas and it’ll go out, not enough oxygen to support combustion. Open it up and wait a few minutes for it to really start venting, entirely different deal.

I don’t know what happened to OP, but the possibility does exist that he got unlucky and it was exactly the right concentration of fuel vapors/O2 and an errant spark or something lit it off. It’s more likely that something negligent or malicious happened, but it isn’t an absolute.

K51000 likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Amen.

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Oh trust me. I'd say the same shit to his face. You'd lose that bet. I'd talk to your face the same way. I was just calling out the stupidity for not having insurance on his shit. If you can afford a race/track bike (which it obviously is) and do races/track days you can set a little money aside for insurance. My parents did teach me respect but they also taught me when to call a spade a spade. Sorry if you don't like the way I address people sometimes. Feel free to ignore me if you don't like it.

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Looks like the front wheel is salvageable.

12. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

Bike was cold never turned on. The firefighters turned over the bike when they were putting out the flame. Gas cap was off because I was swapping to a new one. And had I not "went inside to grab something" I woldn't be here.

13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

You would talk to my face that way one time.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why don't you two get a room.

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just because you claim to be willing to say stuff like that to somebody's face doesn't make you any less of a dick on here. I, for one, am tired of your incessant shit and whining. I could ignore your posts, but I would rather just call you out for being an adversarial prick that feels compelled to call out others for your own self gratification. Since we are giving out free advice and opinion, why don't you either grow up or shut up? You suck!!!

E Reed likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree but got the impression that is what K5100 meant as well. Something sparked somewhere to set it all off, they don't just go up because the cap is open without something igniting it.

K51000 likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He says so right in his signature. :D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  18. Mot Okstef

Oh a tough guy! I'm all skeert and shit. :rolleyes:

brex likes this.
  19. Mot Okstef

So why does everyone here say "you wouldn't say that shit in person, only on the Internet" ? Just like Broome I'd say the same shit to your face I say here. If you think I'm a dick that's fine. I'd still say the same thing to your face that I say here. Like it or not. It's not self gratification at all. It's calling a spade a spade.

And like nobody else on this board calls anyone else out for their shit. What is this, a fucking high school clique? :rolleyes:

I think you suck too! :D

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

worse.

Mot Okstef likes this.