1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America | Championship of Sonoma | Aug 10-11

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well look. Dookati go pop.

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Barney goes boom!

3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

What happened. I took a quick nap after my beer and woke up to A dookati smoking, someone yelling about beauchamp and the puppy my wife’s fostering crying because she went to the store.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And Parrish is out, bummer, this is the best race of the weekend.

5. zamboiv

Twins are definitely the best show.

r6boater likes this.
  6. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Damn, Blasius came back strong after running off track.

That was a great race!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    badmoon692008 and r6boater like this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You're not wrong!

The old clapped out, BNG, old, outdated, rehashed Suzuki SV650 still crushing hearts and dreams.

Peter Hively and r6boater like this.
  8. zamboiv

I was just saying that to stir up the shit in here. Multiple beers watching 4 motorbike races will get to ya, but heck ya, the twins kicked ass today.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh I know. But you're not wrong!

10. zamboiv

This Blasius dudes interview is awesome. I feel like I need to go do a bong hit, grab a tank top and turn on some fast times at ridgemont high!

What a good day of racing.

TX Joose and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Gonna be honest with a likely unpopular opinion here. If you’re fighting for close to last place every single weekend and can’t finish a single race without getting lapped, go back to fucking club racing. You’re not advancing your roadracing career at all by doing that and you’d be much better off spending your money on club races in your own region and race schools. Started to get annoyed at the frequency that backmarkers play a role in the finishing order for the guys up front. Seems like it happens in one class at least every other weekend. Pretty sure I can remember specific instances where it has affected at least 3 different classes this year. /end rant

Hats off to gerloff and Draik. Waited so long for gerloff to get the monkey off his back and thought he might be a real big threat once he did and he proved that this weekend going 1,2 after his win at Laguna. Draik rode a heroic race from 9th on the grid to get that 2nd place. Super stoked for him and his family to be leaving Sonoma with the points lead. Super bummed for Parrish. He was riding the wheels off that thing with some insane corner speed. Really thought this was gonna be where he clawed his way back into the championship fight.

Really wanna see Andrew Lee on a superbike next year. Hoping Hayden gets his mojo back at Pitt. Race 2 looked a bit rough for him and I’d love to see a showdown between him and fong at barber for the championship. Sad to see Dallas Daniels is out for the rest of the season but understand contracts have to be honored. Seems Rocco will have this one sewn up even earlier than expected.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  12. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

The track surface is garbage. I was cruising around the track during NHRA, where people are camped along T1/2 all the way through the carousel. There are so many huge cracks and potholes in the surface it's a joke.

13. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

That was abysmal. All I saw were the Superbike races on FS2, which looked like a few bikes having practice at a closed track. I had planned to go but had to work. I think I got the better deal.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Shut your whore mouth

My favorite track, rewards those with more skill than Hp. :D

Peter Hively likes this.
  15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

It was a trying weekend but one to look back on fondly for us. Ready to go to some eastern tracks now and have tools and resources. We come back from the west coast rounds with a new appreciation for the other shoestring guys who come from out west to do this craziness.

MGM, t11ravis, zamboiv and 2 others like this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

The MA live stuff was great. I streamed it flawlessly this round. not even the usual stutter-glitch in the picture i usually get. Camera angles were set up nice. I'm not sure there was any section of the track you didn't see the riders as they circulated.
    Anyone know what happened to Josh H4's r6 in warm up prior to then 2nd race? they obviously got it fixed and he made the race..
    That twins race 2 was WILD ! those guys had the knives out LOL ! bummed for Barnes..

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Twins race again was the best race of the weekend to watch. Except that part where one of the mellion seams caught Parrish out. They need to cut the SB race to one per weekend and do 2 Twins races instead.

Hayden needs to be on a bigger bike, that R6 looks like a kids toy under him.

t11ravis and r6boater like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The look of the surface there reminds me of what Shannonville looks like.

19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Congrats again Kurtis. You guys worked hard for that one.

No Brakes and r6boater like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

JD can't do both every weekend either but had it set up beforehand. Dallas didn't and made the proper call for him and his sponsors. It sucks but he did it right and everyone understands it.