1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assault Weapons Ban Heading to Senate Floor

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Listen to the RINO's roar "we must do something"

3. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Reading the Courier-Journal and NPR articles that are referenced, Brietbart may be a little alarmist and overreacting...

4. Fonda Dix

Can somebody explain something to me. I dont understand.

I hear a constant call for background checks but I have gone through one every time I have purchased from a retailer.

What are they talking about?

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They think I should be forced to do a background check on my son when I give him one of my firearms.

badmoon692008 and Brian_J like this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ya, it's the whole gun show loop hole thing. There is no gun show loophole, it's just in states like where I live in Florida, you can privately sell guns with no paper trail. They want to stop that and make private sales have to go through a background process...most likely bringing the gun into a gun shop and running it there. Pretty much every MSM mass shooter has bought their gun legally with a background check. Well except the Vegas shooter. Those were real M16s, not bump fire AR15s. I have both..One sounds nothing like the other.

brex likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's one more way to make gun ownership difficult.

8. Fonda Dix

Ok thanks guys

Seems like a real easy way to make a list for later confiscation as well

GixxerBlade, Quicktoy and brex like this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

While it might not do anything to help with the "Mass Shooter" problem, I could see it potentially helping with other gun deaths and injuries including suicide. As has already been reported on the Beeb, those are the real problems and the numbers are much higher than the "Mass Shootings".

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No it won't. It's literally JUST a distraction to keep the masses busy while these guys buttfuck us in a thousand other ways. Firearms deaths pale in comparison to medical issues, preventable diseases, alcohol related deaths, prescription drug overdoses, and so on. It's really a non-issue but like abortion, immigration, race, and gay rights, it's a hot topic so they can meddle around with it and get attention.

Have any of you wondered why we're not talking about Jeffrey Epstein any more?

11. Fonda Dix

Nope because I know why.

But you dont utter false flag around here or you get the hose again. :)

brex likes this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's to the point where they are actually quite easy to predict.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've never liked that term. I'm not so deep into the conspiracy theory thing that I believe that there are actually secret mind control programs or any of that nonsense. I do believe that it's more a matter of the media latching on to shit that randomly happens and blowing it completely out of proportion while at the same time, moving things like Epstein to the back page, in order to further their agenda as well as that of the people in power.

ducnut likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm still waiting on the definition of assault weapon from one of these ass clowns.

My favorite is "weapon of war". Let's examine that for a moment. The AR-15 was developed as a civilian model first. The military implemented it for several reason, but the predominant one is that is more likely to wound than kill. Wounding the enemy takes personnel, supplies and time. I don't know any combat arms units that do not carry a side arm. Is my pistol now a "weapon of war"? What about shot guns? Those are used by the military as well, are those "weapons of war"? Sniper rifles are used in war, that removes a bunch of hunting rifles from circulation. Basically what we are left with is .22LR and revolvers, unless we are classifying historical "weapons of war" then we are pretty much left with .22LR. Any wars fought with .22LR?

Newyork likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Mitch the Red Chinese Bitch selling us out, shocking.

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

#26>1

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So basically England - single shot shotguns, maybe a 22 or an air rifle?

I still think it's total bullshit grandstanding. The market is totally saturated and gun prices are extremely low. This probably won't go anywhere but the threat will cause a run and a whole bunch of price gouging. I am worried that it might wind up being the death knell for the pistol brace thing though.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I actually can't believe pistol braces have lasted as long as they have if I'm being honest.

Montoya likes this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

As I understand, just a check @ time of sale, not registration. Correct?

If not registered, after a few days, info is gone.