1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo does that mean you're not donating again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If they are illegal, they shouldn't have been hired. Too bad. No telling how much they may have made in labor savings.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

more important will this make unemployment #s go up or down?? :D

4. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My wife worked in a chicken processing plant near Athens, GA when she was working her way through UGA. Her story of taking applications from people for the Chicken Catcher position is freakin hilarious.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

It's insane that the US has no meaningful sanctions against employers for hiring ineligible workers.

SGVRider, cav115, gixxerreese and 3 others like this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m glad for it. I hope they clean up all these illegally operated corporations. If the little guy has to adhere, the big ones should have to, as well.

Banditracer likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes it is. We go after the people who are here illegally (at least we make a half-hearted attempt) and we spend hundreds of millions running around in circles at the border, but we do virtually nothing to the companies and individuals hiring these people. There are Cargill plants in the small town west of here that employ illegals almost exclusively. They're terrible jobs butchering and processing turkeys and nobody wants to work them, so everyone turns a blind eye to it. You even have the IRS actively encouraging illegal immigrants to use false information to file taxes, yet ICE doesn't attempt to use that info to track and deport these people and punish the people hiring them. And don't, for a second, think the employers aren't helping the illegals with the falsification of documents. I had a very in-depth discussion on facebook with a lady that ran HR for a big restaurant chain that really opened my eyes.

418 and ducnut like this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It’s all over, unfortunately. It’s every agricultural, food service, manual labor, shitty job industry, anywhere in the world.

What’s truly unfortunate is so many of the illegal tradespeople are incredibly talented, yet, don’t take the steps to get legit. To lose their talents really is a setback for the building trades, as there’s already a major shortage.

My employer will hire about any immigrant, so long as they’re legit and not a felon. Immigrants are about the only people willing to work. We have many doing $50K-$60K+.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

badmoon692008, cav115 and R Acree like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I feel like this is one of the major screw ups by republicans. There's this stigma that Mexican immigrants are going to be some sort of democrat horde who will turn red states blue if they're allowed to be here legally and "officially" vote. I don't think that's the case. Most probably have core beliefs that align with the right (they're catholic, work hard, don't want the government telling them what to do), but instead of embracing them, they've been demonized. And the dems don't give two shits about ever making life better for them or actually making them citizens. They want them to be second class - slaves if you will, always dependent on handouts to get by, so they'll vote dem.

With unemployment as low as it is, pretty much anyone who wants a job can get one. Millions of decent jobs are going unfilled right now because there just aren't people applying for them (cue tangent on too many idiots going to college who shouldn't but do because it's "free", and tangent on lots of people who are unemployed or under-employed because the jobs they should be working require drug tests).

I'd be all for an accelerated, inexpensive (even free) path to citizenship for everyone who didn't have a major criminal record, especially if they were willing to enter into government service (military or job corps). I'd much rather know how many there are and where the are than have millions roaming around totally undocumented, uninsured, unlicensed (driving), with virtually no way to keep criminal records on them.

badmoon692008 and ducnut like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

Immigrants are what create the diverse cultures I’ve enjoyed around our country. There are a lot of good people in these groups.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Average Americans once did all these jobs, I
    refuse to buy the "Americans won't do this work"
    bullshit. It's used to justify paying less than the job
    should pay by hiring desperate people who can't
    legally work here because they are illegal.
    It's just a modern form of slavery.

kangasj and cav115 like this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If DJT is willingly to give convicted criminals a second chance, I feel like these illegals who are working their asses off and sustaining life should get a chance, as well.

16. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

They're provided a 2nd chance, they're eligible to get a visa in 3 years after they've been deported.

cav115 and ducnut like this.
  17. In Your Corner

Immigrants aren't the problem, we have a legal
    immigration system that allows roughly a million
    new people a year to come here, the lion's share
    coming from Mexico.
    The people who refused to follow the rules and get
    in line with everyone else and instead jumped the fence
    and cut line should never be rewarded for breaking the law.

I don't know any conservative who has a problem with legal
    Mexican immigrants, who do tend to be conservative and
    against illegal immigration.
    It is those coming to break the law who will support
    Democrats, the party of lawlessness.

badmoon692008, cav115 and ducnut like this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They give the fake info. IRS is not Immigration. They've publicly stated that they don't care what SSN/Tax ID you use, as long as you use one.

ducnut likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

What about the people they pushed aside to get here illegally,
    do they get any of your sympathy?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

First off, what device are you using to post? Your stuff is always really narrow.

But to answer your question, no, Americans WON'T do a lot of this work. At least not for the wages the various companies are willing to pay. And as long as they have this slave labor in the form of illegals that have no real voice, it'll remain that way.