1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Crappy sounding 4 cylinders is the problem, not any particular driver leaving. F1 is supposed to sound like a pack of screaming V8, V10 or V12 motors.

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

What makes you think that he won't?

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Ago raced, and won, at Isle of Man. VR does slow parade laps. Point to Ago.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I heard Ducati gave Stoner a blank check to come rough Marquez up.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

What's he gonna do? Wait till Marq comes around to lap him then JRP him?

vizsladog likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hector Barbera to BSB for JG Speedfit Kawasaki effective immediately.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Barbera has had more rides this year than a 40 year old three time divorced chick at a gang bang.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Must be the drinking

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

or the sucking (once again, more of that this year than a 40 year old three time divorced chick at a gang bang).

11. The Great One

Silly season kicked into 7th gear over the last few days!

Bautista has about a week left to accept Ducati's offer in WSBK. It seems like Honda made him one hell of an offer and that he'll likely move over to the HRC squad for 2020!

Based on that, Scott Redding is now in the running for the Aruba Ducati team, and has also been in contact with SMR's team to take Reiterbergers seat.

In Moto2, Kiefer Racing and Tasca Racing will lose their grid spots at the end of the year, allowing both Petronas and Gresini to field two man teams in 2020. Rumor has it that Alex Marquez has already signed for Petronas, and Sam Lowes will be taking his seat with Marc VDS.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like Alex is half-way there. :D

13. The Great One

I won't admit to a damn thing until there's a press release :D

HPPT likes this.
  14. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

And that is the moment Bautista shot his career in the foot.

YoshiHNS likes this.
  15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

But but the new CBR supposed to get 220hp and have winglets on the mirrors

16. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

@The Great One whats your magic ball saying why people are leaving the VR46 camp?

17. The Great One

It could be a myriad of reasons. I don't think most people realize the VR46 Academy is a lot more than just Rossi and his buddies hanging out and racing motorcycles. The Academy manages all of its pupils and has a strict list of requirements to be in/stay in, including diet/training regimens, PR and English classes, and living within a certain distance of Rossi's training ranch.

I imagine these guys got tired of one of more of the aforementioned reasons, or they are just typical teenagers/young 20 somethings that think they know it all and can do better without the Academy. At least the current crop (Baldessari, Bulega and Foggia?) are leaving on significantly better terms than Romano Fenati did.

BigBird likes this.
  18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Riders leaving the VR46 group is fine. Just means they can bring in new Italian riders and give them a leg up.

Anyone remember when Honda promised Hayden a new CBR to race? Somehow I think the outcome will be the same this time as well. Maybe he's just looking at retirement account since Ducati probably lowered their offer

What's the deal with Lowes at Gresini now? At the start everything was sunshine and rainbows. Can qualify ok, but nothing for the races. What's going to be different at VDS?

nd4spd likes this.
  19. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'll believe it even if I see it.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think that happened the 3rd or fourth time he cartwheeled Ducati's investment into the gravel. Only way they'll have him is with a drastic pay cut or he can go to the team everyone else is avoiding.
    Redding is looking good in BSB. Despite the penalty he had a great weekend at Thruxton. And brought the biggest crowd they've ever had.