1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread or poll on Grattan CC?

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by RyanDCramer, Aug 5, 2019.

1. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

This weekend at Grattan there was a statement about a poll on Grattan discontinuing the CC course. Did I look in the wrong subsection or has it just not been posted yet?

Thanks!

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did one last off season. Results were basically half the people like it both ways, 1/4 prefer CC, 1/4 prefer clockwise (and unlike CC some of these refuse to run it backwards). However after looking things over this past weekend I've decided to just go clockwise from here on out. It's not at the point where it's overly dangerous cc but it's better the other way and I don't see a reason to let it get to the dangerous point before making the call. I know some won't be happy with it but I think it's the best thing for our riders overall.

RyanDCramer and j cal like this.
  3. 2MM

2MM Well-Known Member

Plans for 2 rounds again next year?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far, we'll see what the boss says. The rain forecasts have been hurting bad this year.

5. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Will the guys at Grattan be flexible in you scheduling the rounds for July/August or early September? Unfortunately those are the 10 weeks of consistent weather here in Michigan. April, May, and most of June are a crapshoot and Grattan sucks in iffy weather. October is pretty much a wash too.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The underlying thing here is racers need to just show up. Last Sunday the weather was beautiful but the grids were tiny. Sure there was a AHRMA at Gingerman but come on where were you guys?

j cal likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're not at the top of the food chain on that one. Not to mention fitting them all in with other tracks or other groups events. Scheduling truly sucks.