1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#WEAREBALITMORE

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Jul 28, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Good! I want it to be clean. I want for people to have reason to live here. I want people to have pride about the place. I want it to be the way it was 44yrs ago, when I landed here. People loved this town. The last ~15yrs? Not so much.

Once LEO are free of the rats, they’ll have more time to focus on lesser issues, like speeding, no seatbelts, cell phone use, etc.

Nah. The city has attorneys that have the legal stuff worked out. I wish I could remember what we pay in legal fees, per year, because it’s staggering....like well into 6-figures. I’m sure a lot of it’s padded and the good ol’ boy handshake stuff, no doubt.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

sheepofblue and ducnut like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Streets will be full of garbage again in less than a month.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And my trash can will be full each week. Folks be bitching about no one helping. They have been helped. Time to put up or accept that personal initiative is in short supply.

G 97 and brex like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Some people would just rather have an excuse and a reason to point to for their own crappy environment rather then trying to help resolve or improve the situation.

6. blkduc

Agreed, just hoping that a kickstart is what was needed.

ducnut likes this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Just curious - where at in Illinois?

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Taylorville. ~25mi southeast of SPI.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No kidding! Born in Pana. Wife’s family from Cowden and Shelbyville -small world.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s too funny.

My family is primarily from Assumption, with some family in Pana. I regularly ride across the country through Henton, to Shelbyville, eat lunch, and ride south and over through Herrick, Cowden, Fillmore, etc. Watcha’ know about the Cowden covered bridge festival? :beer:

Even smaller world is walking along a sidewalk, outside Seoul (6600mi away), in BDU’s. Another soldier walking toward me sees my name tag and asks where I’m from. Turns out my brother recruited him and put him on the bus to the MEP station. Now, THAT is a small world.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep, friends and family in all those, even Tower Hill. :D

One of my best friends from high school ended up being one of my brother’s troopies in 2nd ID in Korea and then turned around and was again when they both moved to the 101st.

Yep small world.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Had family in TH, as well.

My footsteps were the same; Korea to Ft Campbell. Must’ve been the path for all us badasses. :crackup:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Home of Sloan Equipment. I use to call on them when I worked at Deere&Co. They were the largest or close too the largest deere dealers at the time. I wonder if Tom is still alive. He pretty much invented the combine waiver and roll program. Loved calling on them. demanding but they could move some iron.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My grandparents are deceased, so I’m no longer in that circle. But, my grandfather was a farmhand for a different Sloan (same generation) who is still alive.

G 97 likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Best part is not only will the trash get cleaned up each side might actually talk to the other and realize the leaders are playing them as the 'other' guys are more like you than your leadership is.

ducnut likes this.
  16. blkduc

This guy gets it. :stupid: Change has to come from within and I might be a hopeless optimist at times, but I do see good things happening in America lately. I believe that people are finally waking up and realizing that there is a better way.

ducnut likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

brex likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

brex likes this.
  20. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I didn't know he had dirt on Hillary