1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

How isn't he in a position of power?

Even after all of his crashed and DNFs, he has 353 points. All of the other Ducati riders, including replacements and wildcards, have a collective 371 points.

Ducati doesn't stand a chance without him.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh they'll sign him. Not for what he thinks he's worth. Otherwise the ink would be dry already. That's what they're fighting over.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

With Yamaha possibly "locking it up" in MotoA after 2019, and Graves current tinkering around with the ZX10r...

What do you guys think the chances are of a Graves/Kawi Superbike program?

Maybe Gerloff gets a Kawi seat?
    Valentin Debise gets the other one (hes been doing test rider work for Graves and the ZX10R)
    Cam goes to WSBK ( I doubt this though)
    I'm assuming Yosh will re-up Josh's contract.
    Elias is def staying at Yosh.
    JD stays at Attack
    Wyman obviously is heavily invested in his V4R Program (He does have 2 bikes though, maybe He would pick up a rider with money?)
    Scholtz and Westby seem happy with each other
    Jake Lewis, Jake Gagne, Cam P, and others have had a "meh" season so far..

I cant see anyone from SuperSport getting a bump up to SBK other than PJ..

Maybe Honda comes out of nowhere with a factory program,(allegedly the new CBR1000RR is supposed to be rowdy) they also bring in Joe Roberts (if he loses his moto2 seat)?

Then after all that Ben Spies still talks a bunch of shit about the whole thing.

Just spit balling because im bored at work.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd bet NO ONE saw that coming.

Mistake on Gollum's part IF the kawasaki seat in WSBK was actually his for the taking. Better to rule in Hell. . .

6. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Whats crazy is Spies says he owes Ducati a favor for not going WSBK racing in 2014 for them. He might show up somewhere with a bike. I dont see any Motoa guys having a single chance in hell riding in euorpe on anything. They dont have money to bring, they are unproven in that area. Sucks our best program gets no attention anymore. Spies was our last chance it seems.

Zarco needs to beg his way out of that KTM deal. he could ride for free somewhere next year on anything but a KTM and do better than he is now. Rossi will not retire. He will have a fairwell tour/season for the fans. yamha will sign him for one year, possibly his own team freeing up the official factory seat.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The other thing with Rabat signing is that Aviata will be around in 2021 and on Ducatis. Wasn't there some jibber jabber about them going suzuki in 2021 IF they returned at all?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's not necessarily true.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I feel bad I haven't followed MotoAmerica beyond who is riding for Yoshimura Suzuki so I have no idea what these other people are doing.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You are correct. Just read over at speedweek that Avintia is only signed with Ducati for 2019 and 2020 and are "free" for 2021.

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

In the back of a pickup, with a wooden ramp, a couple of guys from in front of Home Depot?

vizsladog likes this.
  12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The Great One and Sabre699 like this.
  14. dieterly

Hahaha, true!!!

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, I got to admit that I probably don't know who 90% of the moto2 and moto3 riders are. :(

Stromboli, Paella, La Pew, just don't know anymore.

16. dieterly

Stromboli actually won the last Moto2 race at Hungaroring before the summer break.

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm more of a calzone fan myself

18. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I don't get all this "Can MotoGP survive without Rossi" talk. GP racing has been around for how long now? There have been how many famous champions? Agostini, Rainey, Schwantz, Lawson and Doohan just to name a few. Unless WWIII happens and the world ends in the next decade GP racing will still keep going strong and draw the fans. :cool:

418 likes this.
  19. dieterly

Who says MotoGP can’t survive without VR?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm still pulling for Bolognassari (pronounced in the American vernacular, not the Italian one of course).

[​IMG]