1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putnam Park track times

Discussion in 'General' started by Brunswick, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

I had a front row seat man watching the session at t1 on the Zuma. I didn’t recognize who at first but I was thinking “man, did he even try to brake?” Lol glad you’re ok man!

JBarx likes this.
  2. TwiztedRabbit

TwiztedRabbit Well-Known Member

lap times in all fairness are better but not all that crazy at the moment considering the repave... it certainly is making it easier to go faster... though even most of the obnoxiously fast dudes that go basically live there haven't really dropped a hell of a lot of time.. all I keep hearing as I run my slower 13's is, that is stupid easy to go fast but the over times haven't come down yet.. i'd use Carr as an example as he runs consistent 12's there before and now he is in the mid 11's I believe Virgin was in the 11's now too.. granted finding 10ths is way harder at that level than finding seconds at the lower levels

i'd love to see racing back at Putnam it holds a special place in my heart as it was my very first track day in like 07 and where I did my race license and first race...

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Were you on the SV that went off in T1? If so I picked you up. I thought about it all weekend and I could only think you had a flat tire. Glad you were ok..

4. Hyperdyne

After my 7th time running recovery, you could do it.. But the rust from the mower are really tough to get through. Once you get 20 feet from the surface.

The majority of people can’t (or don’t know how) to pick up their bike if it goes down.

I agree with Jeff. I can get out there and get back pretty quickly. The only big issue we run into is leaky fluid. We have to contain it before even coming anywhere near the surface.

5. Hyperdyne

If you made it past the ruts, gopher holes, and wet grass.. I salute you.. that’s damn impressive

6. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

Ya, it's actually pretty tough. I just want people to leave the bike alone and get themselves to safety. If we were running races, we'd have a second recovery truck out at turn 7 and rotate them.

I'll make sure to bring some race track diapers with me in September so you won't have to wait again.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Putnam repaved?????

shit.

8. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

Yeah man, thanks for the haul..you guys looked busy all weekend! When I got it back on the stand I found the hole in the tire. I got in 1 lap off a 16 month hiatus on fresh slicks. Was pretty bummed abt it, still stings! Lol I don’t even wanna look at my bike. Couldn't have asked for better weather either!

Attached Files:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what yellow flags are for.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Just like a fine wine....getting better with age. :) Almost 52 and cracked a :14.4 yesterday, '18 RSV4 Factory w/ 'stock' ohlins suspension.

What do I win?

beac83 likes this.
  11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

What’s a Putnam?

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

A mystery from 21 years ago.... Just like this thread...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    E Reed likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

on a transponder? did you back it up with a 14.5 or better? :D

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Oh.

I’ve heard of a dog park, theme park, parallel park and even a water park, but never a putnam park.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Surprising no one has brought up going back to Putnam, with the owner recently passing away ..

cav115 likes this.
  16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I think you just did....

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sounds like we're going to The Ozarks...

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Damn, i didnt know that. Thought it was the same short, gray haired, glasses wearing guy that was there this wknd.

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

car guy who didn’t like bikes?

ekraft84 likes this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

If only it were that simple...;)