1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance of a stock class ever coming back?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Jon Wilkens, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Not exactly cheap..and was restricted to wee lads...but I like the idea.

2. Jon Wilkens

This is kinda more my point...some of these newer bikes are freakin amazing right out of the box. No real need to do much to them...a lot of them are beyond most of the talent on track as is...

3. Jon Wilkens

Yep, another helpful and sooooooooo insightful addition...:dead:

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

thread title is misleading if you mean spec class.

then don't do anything to it, race in the given classes, and get your butt spanked anyway. theres no need to create a spec class just to increase your chances of a participation trophy.

making a class that inherently limits participation more than all the other classes doesnt make sense. people want to race other racers. say I'm racing a Ninja400 in D STK against R3s and RC390s. a Ninja400 spec class will have less participation than D STK since those other bikes are excluded, so why bother. if the D bikes need another race really bad, run another D STK instead of a limited class so that participation can be higher. the racers are happier, the club makes more $$, etc etc.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It exists...it's the super stock XR/CRF100 racing class.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You buy 16-20 motorcycles all the same...get all the parts to sustain them thru a season, set up a tire vendor...have a lottery for riders...sell the whole class to a sponsor and then negotiate with WERA to run the class.
    Easy.

badmoon692008 and r6boater like this.
  7. Jon Wilkens

You're a genius.:rolleyes:

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You ask...:)

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Get back to playing with bearings...