1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#WEAREBALITMORE

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Jul 28, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

There are some YouTube vids of a guy in inner city Detroit that bust people coming in and dumping trash and construction waste etc. Hes made a pretty good impact towards keeping his area clean etc. I wonder if liberal Dems would call Trump racist if he made similar statements about this area of Detroit.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not all of them treat their neighborhood that way. Kind of hard to get rid of those who do.

ducnut likes this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

Didn't say you we all wrong.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Exactly.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I took photos and had video of guys dumping in my alley. They didn't care I was taking photos. Got a license plate and everything.. I was on the phone with 911 and explained I had photos and video. It was explained to me that unless they were caught red handed by the police there was nothing that could likely be done. Photos or video or not. I asked if I could block them into the alley with my truck. She said that was illegal for me to do. The cops never showed up.

But...I was stopped probably a half dozen times leaving the shop by the cops asking what I was doing on the alley. Because you know, they have problems with people illegally dumping.. and yeah. I took care of cleaning the alley and making sure the street lights there were on etc..

It's documented here in years past. The dumpers.

G 97 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not Baltimore (Chicago)

ducnut likes this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

My biggest challenge is when on trash day there is a strong wind that blows over the trash containers throughout the neighborhood and blows trash all over because some are too stoopid to put trash into bags and simply put loose papers, wrappers, boxes in the container and they blow all over. The thing that pisses me off is they never pick any of it up so I will do a quick walk up and down my street and pick up anything I can knowing that they probably will see me and get a clue.

Although I did have a local dumper for about three years. About once a month I would see a small grocery plastic bag on my street either in front of my house or a few houses down. I just thought it was high school kids in the area. It would always have four to five empty “airplane” mini bottles of liquor. Finally I found a receipt with a name on it. So I looked her up on the county tax record sight and low and behold she lived three blocks over. I then looked her up on the Iowa court system and discovered she had three prior DUI’s. I simply contacted the city police and they pad her a visit and I haven’t seen anything dumped since. Of course I may have done a few late night loud Harley rides by their house. LOL.

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

That’s just it. They ignore this part and simply point fingers at Trump. It’s sad just how liberal democrats refuse to acknowledge or accept any level of responsibility or accountability towards the culture of failure that they have helped create in these areas. It’s easier for them to blame others and other “factors” instead of addressing the real underlying issue head on.

aaronson likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Offer the homeless $1 a bag to pick up the trash.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

ducnut likes this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Dude! I just tried explaining this to another person. Unfortunately, she’s a do-gooder and I’m the one who is wrong, because I lack compassion for drug addicts. Let them come into YOUR neighborhood and do what they do, then, we’ll see how you like it. That’s a modern culture that is exponentially growing into a real humanitarian issue. And, when LEO doesn’t do a flipping thing, because they’re just doing their time to retirement, the problem continues to grow.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I suspect some of the LEO issue is not them biding time. But rather they are also affected by leadership. If you hand out dumping tickets and the boss is upset or unsupportive you cease doing it. The rank and file enforce what the management and politicians support them on.

joec likes this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Small town. I went to school or worked with most of them. They’re mostly all coming up on retirement and just trying to ride it out.

We just got a new chief and he’s cracking the whip, because of our fairly new mayor. They’re busting methheads about every other day, as they work their way through the meth network. The whole town is behind our department, now. For the first time, in the 44yrs I’ve lived here, we’re having a town hall-style meeting, tonight. They’re expecting a huge turnout, since it’ll be at the high school. I’m going, for sure.

This weekend, the city is having a sort of block party, with the police and fire departments, kids activities, band, etc. If they can get the town behind them with these types of activities, things are going to turn around, here.

Some people laughed about our mayor, when he ran for office. He’s always been a partier (he was drunk off his ass at some event they recently had), jokester, approachable, etc. But, he loves this town and it shows. He’s the best thing that could’ve happened, here. New mayor, new chief, and a bunch of new councilmembers have been awesome.

MachineR1 and sheepofblue like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you can keep him from becoming a politician, y'all will be alright.

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Nothing left here to sellout to, unfortunately. The previous administrations (fed, state, and local) have run everything off, including residents. We should be good.

joec likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Cool and this illustrates my point IMO. The old leadership had them beaten down riding it out. The new leadership expects work. I could be wrong but I bet the enjoy working more now than before. Accomplishing something and the boss having your back makes doing the job better. Good luck to your city.

ducnut likes this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Whoa, just read Trump gave the 16 billion last year in grants.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

People trying what they can to improve thier environment. Really very sad.

It reminds me. I used to mow all if the grass at the old building. There was enough of it. Always carried pepper spray when working outside just to give myself a chance of I needed it. Sometimes I was nearly a block away from my shop door.

Weed eater was stolen out of my truck bed while I was less than 75 feet away. Working on a porch rail there one day I had 2 kids, maybe 12 years old threaten me and try to get into the building through an open door I was writing next to.. I grabbed a big pry bar I had and the kid asked if I was going to hit him with it. And I told him if he took another step towards me I wasnt going to hesitate . Then he said he was going home to get his gun and he was coming back to shoot me. I told him I'd be there waiting. No joke.... anklet. Little shit had an anklet on. T
    s
    from the neighborhood took my phone I left sitting inside a garage door on the floor while I was working on the opener above. After I shut it off they returned it!!! Claimed they found it in the alley behind the building and wanted a reward. My favorite part of the story? They left pics on my phone off themselves.. And videos of them selves smoking crack in the crack houses around my shop. Lol

KIMG0232.JPG

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Maybe...just maybe. I mean he does understand how to shine a light on the cockroaches and set off a positive chain of events. This just might be the beginning of some good things to come. Trump has made it ok to push back against the swamp and his support is growing. He was the right guy at the right time and America is getting tired of the same old democrats running it into the ground as part of their bigger plan. Check this out-

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019...-de-blasio-for-calling-donald-trump-a-racist/

Look at the work she's doing. We are now actually having conversations on a national level about where the money is going in these democrat controlled shitholes. Folks we are watching swamp draining, if you can't get behind this then you have serious derangement. This is real change.

XFBO and YamahaRick like this.