1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#WEAREBALITMORE

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Jul 28, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Why is the Office of Management & Budget calling Baltimora a shit hole? Arent they neutral??

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The real one or the fake one on CNN?:confused:

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m so confused. The mayor seemed surprised. All she could say was oh my god. Does she not know what her city looks like? It takes a few hours to drive around.

XFBO and ducnut like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

What’s a shame is our President is more connected to her city and its people than she is.

XFBO likes this.
  6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

IMO, it is still the local and state government's problem and is not a DC's issue. Obama provided a $1.8B stimulus package and there has been little progress. Nothing is going to happen unless the city provides police and the business return with jobs.

joec likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Then why aren’t the state legislators publicly calling out the local politicians versus yelling at the head of border patrol?

kangasj likes this.
  8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Cause the locals are in the same political party as Cummings and he needed a TV sound bite to feed his attention whore deficit. Looks like his wife found some IRS attention from NLPC.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All of the so called stimulus grants were supposed to require reports back showing the success/failure of the project. Locally, I don't think any reports have been submitted and no follow-up from the federal level. If I had to guess, the reports would demonstrate what a colossal waste of money that was.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The unbridled hypocrisy is just spewing forth from every direction

kangasj and sheepofblue like this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Oh I agree but while Obama made it worse by defending the criminals while slandering the police there can be impact from DC. Also Trump was not trying to save Baltimore merely shame their Representative. If it also makes the people of Baltimore say enough is enough then that is awesome. But in the end the people need to choose the cops over the criminals and help themselves. Something I am sure the vast majority of Baltimore residents are capable of.

ducnut likes this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

Wow....

13. sheepofblue

I know racist OMB.

The reality is most of the people are good people. However since Obama and BLM it has been open season there on the police. Further the politicians the PEOPLE choose are part of that attack on law and order. When they start choosing otherwise the place will improve. You can see the effect in NYC which has cycled a few times from crime infested crap hole (Times Square was full of prostitution) to a decent place, then bring back the liberals and watch it swing back to chaos. Or Detroit where they basically stopped policing areas, when the residents took it upon themselves things improved.

Sure outside help is good but the best way to reduce rats is to clean it up. I suspect if the POS city government will not provide dumpsters and cartage that due in part to Trump's comments there would be a ton of outside people/organizations willing to pay for it. But if a group comes in and does the clean up for them then the residents will just trash it again as they have no effort in the solution. This is all fairly common and normal human behavior. Why do you think habitat for humanity makes the person getting the house help build it?

G 97, ducnut and blkduc like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So made the mistake of not leaving the room when the news was on last night. All sorts of stuff about racist OMB calling out Baltimore. Not one single world about the rat problem or living conditions that are oddly enough real. Never even approached mentioning it. Yet they covered another "journalist" interviewing someone and flat out lying about Trumps racist tweets about the squad and B'more. Sad really.

YamahaRick, ducnut and joec like this.
  15. joec

joec brace yourself

You can't arrest your way out of this problem. Besides....the jail is run by the bgf. And snitches end up firebombed out of thier homes at 4am

While I can't speak to the general character of the police department, I do know my father retired partially out of frustration from the new direction they were being pushed. Otherwise he enjoyed his job.. he was not city.. Left there in about 72 or so.

The news of indictments and firings and arrests of city police is astonishing here. Not just sleeping in your car in broad daylight, but being passed out and found to be intoxicated. That clearly points to a societal problem.

I think they (as in the city) are doing what they can. Urban renewal is developing new parts of the city big time. I'm just not sure how they're going to fill all of these condos and high-end apartments.

I do like following the EPA discharge runoff issues with the harbor. Talk about a shit show. Baltimore has basically told the EPA thanks for the money.. We'll be done when were God damned done.

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Ok....wtf is omb??

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Orange Man Bad. People who hate Trump without any real reason to do so - especially those who keep calling him racist or misogynistic or the like without any evidence showing he actually is. The other extreme is the worshippers of the Cheeto Jesus, they believe Trump can do no wrong no matter what.

18. sheepofblue

So I am all wrong and your answer is ????

I agree that it is societal but not your way. For instance the snitch fire bomb thing. I did not suggest that but in the end you can let the warlord rule you in fear or be free. Certainly in the short run small steps though. One is not protesting the police and supporting BLM nonsense.

Further cleaning your neighborhood is basic and can be done by anyone. If the 'leaders' would be more supportive I am confident that the people in the area are basically good and want improvement. Instead leadership is condemning Trump and denying there is a problem while focusing effort on illegals just as he accused. DC will not fix your problems but you and your neighbor can.

ducnut likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, much like Chicago, nothing will fundamentally change until the masses step up and confront the bad apples.

The cleaning up issue is a pretty straight forward one. Just start picking it all up. They have the funding but the city leaders refuse to utilize it efficiently or effectively. Corruption prevents the city from doing anything it seems.

Trump rightfully calls them out and all they can do is call him racist. Wtf is up with that.

ducnut likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My neighborhood isn't full of trash nor is my yard.
    That's because I and my neighbors don't throw trash
    around the neighborhood.
    Just maybe these people need to stop shitting where they live.

kangasj and joec like this.