1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Daytona 765 Moto2 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Shocker, Jul 24, 2019.

1. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

If it was allowed in MW it would certainly shake things up or at least make the JDMs refresh their bikes.

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

It's a B class bike and HWT...just like the 959.

JBall likes this.
  3. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Perfect bike for CCS. Reminds me of that show "Who's Line Is It Anyway ", where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

5axis and Mot Okstef like this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I don’t see them selling a single bike to the general public, if it’s going to be $30K. The average person would be asking themselves why they wouldn’t buy a Pani V4, RSV, S1000RR, etc. Even the Aprilia RS660 is more intriguing than a big motor Daytona.

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the actual Moto 2 bike that was running in the BSB with a 675 motor? The Spirit I think it was, I haven't seen them update their FB in a long time. Did it get abandoned?

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Rumor is they are sold out. So much for not selling. [emoji23]

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Livengood R6 territory, easy. With 636cc. :D

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Pretty easy to "sell out" when all you do is sign up with no deposit.

alan likes this.
  9. Mattinrsm

Mattinrsm Well-Known Member

One of my old teammates (also an engine builder) built one to Moto 2 specs and he says he's getting 150hp. It runs really well, and still corners great. My ZX10 struggles to make up ground on that bike until he's well into the triple digits. I can definitely see the attraction to that chassis / motor combo.

ducnut and Gorilla George like this.
  10. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Did he take a striple 765 motor or do the jamie hanshaw 675 to 765 method? Is he running it in a 675R chassis?

11. Mattinrsm

It is Jamie I was referring to.

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Since he retired nearly 20 years ago.... you raced under the Dega banner then?

13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Im going to assume it will be a mash up of the Street Triple 765RS and Daytona 675R. The 765RS already has great brakes (Brembo M50s and Brembo master), good electronics package and it is lighter than the previous gen Street Triple.

So all Triumph needs to do to switch from a 765RS for this limited edition is put on some Ohlins forks, TTX36, clipons, throw in a different set of cams and bump the compression up a little more.

It's not a $30k bike, but if they sell it for $17-18k, I could see it selling out...

14. Mattinrsm

Yep, in 98 as an amateur.

15. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

The results say it was an 800???
    Just sayin...

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Depends on how they go with it and IMO both options would sell out:

#1 - $30k

- Ohlins TTX and forks
    - Brembo Stylema's
    - Electronics suite - autoblipper, IMU, LC, WC, etc...
    - kit parts like lightweight bodywork, rearsets, Arrow Ti exhaust, LED lights
    - forged wheels

#2 - $16k

675R spec with 765 shoehorned in

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Not sure about them, but the Triumph test mule (the flat black one with the graphics) for this whole endeavor was on ebay UK last week.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-76...6af9ffb8d796&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true

18. :stupid:

My thoughts exactly.

19. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that from? I have a dealer still taking deposits.

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m surprised more manufacturers haven’t come out with track-only motorcycles at semi-reasonable prices.

The track day/race guys usually have some money to throw around to buy the best bikes for whatever class they are running in. I’d have to imagine there is *some* market for a factory prepped R6, ZX-10, etc.

I’m also surprised none of the manufacturers (besides KTM) have put out a really aggressive ULW twin. Like a ZX-400R - something with a real sport-oriented frame, USD forks, suspension that doesn’t suck ass.