1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Daytona 765 Moto2 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Shocker, Jul 24, 2019.

1. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Middleweight eligible bruh, up to 770cc triple

2. Pitmom42

Pitmom42 Active Member

I would really like to see a spec class like moto2 in MA for this bike. IMO that would be awesome!:D

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

From Triumph - "With only 765 available, contact a Triumph dealership as soon as possible to place your deposit and secure your Daytona Moto2™ 765 Limited Edition. "

From WERA - "4. SUPERSTOCK: There must be at least 1000 motorcycles available to riders, worldwide, per year and the machine must be generally available on the U.S. market with full EPA and DOT approval to qualify a machine for the Superstock categories."

4. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Looks like there will be 765 available in North America and 765 available for Europe and Asia, so no issue with 1000 worldwide.

Gorilla George, Shocker and BigBird like this.
  5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Damn... maybe I should get one...

BigBird likes this.
  6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

B class is 770. Wera C classes which I think of as middleweight are 675 ccs.

I think it should be a great B bike, and has a better chance in Heavy Twins too.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think this is where CCS and WERA differ in their rules. You can run it in middleweight in CCS but not C class in WERA. 770cc limit for CCS only. [​IMG]

A few years ago you used to be able to run the MV Agusta F3 800 in middleweight. Looks like they changed the rules.

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Wera board, I'll look at Wera rules, not the messed up CCS ones. 1100 cc twins are not lightweight bikes...

MachineR1 and 5axis like this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep and CCS also thinks that KTM 790 is a LW twin too.

I got “schooled” about that a few weeks ago at Barber.:rolleyes:

EDIT - the lesson was off track not on. ;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    5axis and JBall like this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

But it is a lightweight twin, since it's not a heavyweight right? :D

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Not according to WERA rule book - over 700cc.

I think individuals with more money than talent like to bring knives to gunfights, and when that bubble gets broken they cry like little kids.:D

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be guns to knife fights? Or maybe grenades to knife fights? I like that better

[​IMG]

The Beer Hunter and BigBird like this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah, you got me there. I was so busy being dazzled by the guy’s resume that day I messed up the order of the zinger.:D

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

If it's really as good as they say (as in a Moto2 bike), that thing should not be allowed in Middleweight (or C for Wera). Even in Heavyweight it would have an advantage. Those bikes are FAST! But if it's just a 675 with a bigger motor in it, then it'd be a decent heavyweight bike I'm sure.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  15. It’s not a Moto2 bike. It won’t have the Moto2 chassis, suspension, wheels, brakes, electronics, etc.

It is what your last statement said, a 675R with bigger motor.

sbk1198, ducnut, 5axis and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

While I agree that it will be far from a Moto2 bike, I don't think they're going to be able to demand TFC pricing just by shoehorning a bigger motor into a old 675R. The new electronics are supposed to be on par with the new liter bikes.

17. Triumph has had “advanced” electronics (like the modern Liter bikes) for some time now; they come on the Speed Triple R (maybe the base one too, I don’t know...I only messed with the R when I was down at D&D).

But that is a valid point, if the rumor of a $30k price tag is legit, then it will have to be more than a 765 stuffed in an otherwise normal 675R.

They will need to at least adapt the electronics to it, and maybe throw on some Forged wheels.

The 675R already came with excellent suspension and brakes.

sbk1198 likes this.
  18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The Scrambler 1100 that Carr raced at VMD was getting motored by the SV's out there. Just sayin...

19. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

The 1100 motor isnt the Duc you want. The ideal bike is the 1000SS with the dual spark motor. That thing will push 100hp (86 stock) with very minor motor work. And it makes torque for daysssss.

JBall likes this.
  20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I think Triumph would have a hard time getting $30K for this bike. Even if it has good suspension, 6-axis IMU sensor and a full electronics package like the superbikes have.

We do pretty well selling the 959 Corse, which is $17,895. Has Ohlins R/T forks, Ohlins TTX and riding modes, T/C.

What I'd really like to see Triumph come out with is a brand new Super-Middleweight bike....not just a 765 motor in the same chassis they've using since 2011. At least come with all new bodywork so the bike looks new.

Senna, Chris, ducnut and 2 others like this.