1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Daytona 765 Moto2 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Shocker, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Love how the website has a “reserve your’s now” button but they reveal absolutely no specs at all, just generalities. For all we know, it could just have a Moto2 sticker, a regular street triple 765 engine and a pipe. No thanks. I hope it is instead something really special though but I’m not holding my breath. Broome would like one though

3. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Im waiting for the official reveal and specs to put my order in.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Guess we'll find out in a month.

5. :stupid:

I just told Julie McClendon (D&D Cycles, where I get all my bikes) the exact same thing.

BigBird likes this.
  6. The Beer Hunter

Ill be calling my dealer at lunch to bug them about it.

7. The article says something like “Championship winning Daytona chassis with new 765 Moto2 motor”.

I read that to say it won’t be an “all new” bike. They probably have a lot of 675R chassis left over, and are just putting the Moto2 motor in it.

If I had to guess, I’d say it will come with around 135hp.

IIRC, Triumph said they can easily get a lot of power out of that motor. They could easily have given the Moto2 bikes an additional 15+hp over what they have now. But chose not to in the interest of longevity.

younglion and ducnut like this.
  8. The Beer Hunter

Im really hoping for 150 at the wheel in race trim. If you take the 675 performance difference and extrapolate it to the 765RS thats roughly where you get. Pipe dream. I know.

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Meh.

Not much in the way of details, but slapping a different motor in an old chassis and some other high-end race bits does not a "must have it bike" make.

Rumor has a $30K price tag.

10. The Beer Hunter

Ha. Yeah. This thing shouldnt be more than 16-17k maybe a bit higher if it comes with the Ktech DDs suspension they teased on the test mule.

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I believe the Street Triple 765 frame is still the same as the Daytona/Street Triple 675 so I can only surmise that they have plenty of frames and just want to see how many people would be willing to buy a Daytona 765 with this release.

I can only hope Triumph sells out of this limited edition to entice them to build a lower spec Daytona 765 for mainstream. The frame may be old, but the 675 was a dream to ride. One of my all time favorite bikes/motors.

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

675 was great. 765 should be greater. Its not even a Honda and Im interested.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

You went over Robby Bobby's head and straight to his mom? Does that mean the bromance is over? :(

14. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did dumb the motors down a few horsepower for reliability . It’s not like there needs to be a performance edge it’s a spec motor class.

Wouldn’t do any good for marketing if those motors blew up during races I think we all can agree on that

15. Rob knows he will still get to build it. :D

16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

From a race perspective what's the point though? It's not eligible for anything but the 1000 classes right?

JBowen33 likes this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Should be eligible for the B Classes in WERA, but it's already outmatched by today's 750's. It's an in-between like the 959.

18. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I think they are taking a Ducati/Honda approach and not caring about consumer club racing.

That being said I’m sure it’ll be an awesome track day toy just like the current GSXR750 is imo.

19. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

I put a refundable deposit down on one. Figured why not.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

More excited to see what this does for 675R prices...