1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Where are you hunting this time of year. Does the heat keep them down until real late. I’ve got regular night vision and bumped up the ir but thermal looks badass.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Apparently you can get a Hi-Point that's an interim solution: The Yeet Cannon G1
    :crackup::crackup:

https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hi-point-handguns/9mm-OGYC.php#prettyPhoto

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

MachineR1 and Jedb like this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So with the the issues related to the p320 would you let it stop you from buying a LEO trade in on the sc 9mm? Factory certified.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I almost did the 320 deal last week and yeah, all of the issues convinced me to hold out for a CZ. I did like the modular aspect of the 320 though...the ability to change out major portions of the pistol for other parts. Pretty slick.

6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Anyone here own a Kriss Vector. I haven't shot one but am very interested, always hear how nice they are to shoot.

7. Jedb

Any issues related to the 320 'drop fire' have been corrected for units produced after ~Aug/Sept 2017
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/s...0-voluntary-safety-upgrade-details-on-monday/

There is a free 'upgrade' to get it corrected if it's not already been done.
    I would assume a factory certified re-furb has been corrected.

@rd400racer ^^

rd400racer likes this.
  8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wouldn’t want one unless I had a tax stamp for sbr.

10. Cawk Star

You don't need a tax stamp, 16" barrel no?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Like getting an mp5 w a 16in barrel. Why would you?

12. Cawk Star

Wouldn't be my only gun in the arsenal my friend. Why not.

13. Jedb

Because the HK-94 carbine is a pretty damn awesome gun.

Do you NEED a map to the awesome? :D

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

My wife was gifted a Ruger SR9 from her father and I'd like to get a couple more magazines for it. Who's got the best deals and should I stay with Ruger parts or does the aftermarket (ProMag, etc) make decent equipment?

I'm also looking for a flashlight and sights for it. Any recommendations?

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I like that HK-94, but you can get a shroud for it that makes it look just like an MP5-SD. The shroud for the Kriss looks stupid.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Short while back, was going back and forth with the Kimber Micro 9 and the Sig P365 (10+1).
    Got the Micro 9 Desert Tan LG.
    And then went back today and got the 365.
    Nothing wrong with the Micro 9, was just feeling like I needed to add to the collection. And for under $500 with an extra mag, seemed like a great deal.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. Jedb

I’m not a fan of the MP5-SD’s look.
    I just traded my 183series mini-14 for a POF (Pakistani Ordinance Factory) MP-5 pistol. Now I have the 94 and shortly my version of the MP-5.

I need to get it crowned and suppressor threads (1/2x28) validated but then I’ll have my MP-5 ready. AAC Ti-rant 9mm goes on the end.

Franklin binary trigger would be next step as I don’t have $20k or more for a Fleming sear.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sbr, or pistol? If pistol, brace?

19. Jedb

Currently pistol with the SB folding brace.
    I may form-1 it, but not at this point.

20. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

What buffer setups are any of you running in your AR9s?

I’ve got two AR9s set up for competition and they both have the Taccom Buffer setup . I love it but it doesn’t allow for LRBHO.

The build I’m working on now isn’t for competition so I’d like to keep the LRBHO operational even at the expense of recoil management .