1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My question was, if she operates a vehicle DUI and has an accident, should she be charged if the baby dies? If it were the driver of the another car under the influence that hit the mother, they could be charged with the death of the child. That's a very fine squiggly line to walk.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Take booze out of it. Say mom-to-be was texting her baby daddy and smucked a light post. Criminally negligent homicide or just an oh well shit happens?

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good point. Impaired or distracted.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Quoted for posterity :D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Savor the moment.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If the baby is one day old, she gets charged. As you said, a fine line.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So where do you draw the line on planned or wanted pregnancy?

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

o_O:eek::Puke:

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I am not twisting your words, I am using your logic. If you don't like that, find better logic.

Actions have consequences. You want to let people out of the consequences because "nobody wins". You're excusing the actions against a "civil" society, why is that?

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I recall reading a disapproving comment or two on the ol internets when Melissa Paris raced at 5(?) months pregnant.

If we expect pregnant women to keep working we should also give them the benefit of the doubt to keep living as one person until the baby's breathing its own air*

*That was in no way, shape, or form a comment related to abortion.

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Who expected her to keep working while pregnant? Was in her contract or something?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because engaging in her chosen profession equals impaired or distracted driving?

13. Chino52405

Leave it to the dungeon to be literal in a convo about the slippery slope of in utero protection responsibility.

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Hyperbole much?

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah, he’s too preoccupied with being stupid much.

16. Chino52405

Great canned internet response. 2 points for you.
    Can always count on your support. It's noted and appreciated.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Your parents didn’t tell you the hard truths, so someone had to.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My question was literal the first time it was posed. It is a slippery slope. Jase chose to avoid my follow-up question. looks like you have made a similar choice.

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Pot meet kettle, you refused to answer the legit question.

20. Chino52405

Your question was irrelevant to my comment. I never said anyone expected Melissa to work. I said people criticized her personal choice then added my own opinion. Period. Ask a question relevant to my post and I'd have been happy to discuss the vast grey area in this topic. Abstract discussion is a little high brow for this place I suppose.
    See above. You asked a question in no way related to me or my comment. How is not answering that "avoiding?"