1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Aprilia RS 250 Cup Bike

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by spcassell, Jul 17, 2019.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Just bought one with the motor in pieces. It comes with all new parts for a complete rebuild but all the nuts and bolts are spread out in miscellaneous boxes. I have a feeling my mechanic is not going to be real thrilled with a bucket of bolts method for rebuilding. Is there anyone out there that may sell a complete (labeled) bolt kit for the engine of this bike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

AF1 has detailed parts explosions on their webpage for all Aprilia's.

3. spcassell

Thanks. I went there but the manuals do not download.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

PM me your email address and I'll email you a PDF of the service manual.

I'm not aware of any bolt kit, but you never know what's out there. AF1 is def your best source for parts. Also, check out the AF1 RS250 forum. Lots of knowledge there, including Joe.

Post up some pics?

I have 4 of these things. Love them!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'd take it off your hands for tree-fiddy
    why would you want to mess with all those bolts...

6. spcassell

Not letting this go until I have some fun on it. It has a street legal title as well. Hooking up some LED's and taking her on the road as well.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

in over in st pete if you find you're missing something, i might have it... i have a few of them also

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Dunno if its much help but you can cut to the chase,,, Fresh, stock, RGV SP lump, dry clutch, close ratio gearbox, better heads, bolt up, kick-n-go. $2500 +core.

Attached Files:

9. spcassell

Nice. I've got everything I need just not organized. I figure the mechanic will only charge me $1k to put it back together. I do have new HP heads, better pistons and brand new expansion chambers and pipes. Just need to spend some time organizing the bolts to put her back together. Motion sent me the PDF fiche files so I will probably just order new bolts for most of the reassembly to ease the pain and ensure longevity.

Thanks again,

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Thats a deal! Will that work with the RS cdi?

11. SpeedWerks Racing

The RS ignition is an RGV SAPC unit,,,so yes.

dobr24 likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's a very good deal!

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Right before I bought my fzr400 back in 2009, I had the chance to buy an aprilia rs250 for $2k obo......... it was the shit economy at the time and a desperate seller. I chose the FZR over the RS because I was seriously itching for an FZR400 for years and at that time couldn't find but just the one. Now that ive got 7 FZRs out in the garage,Im thinking I screwed up passing on that apriliao_O

14. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

wow that's nice deal

15. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

Back in the day you could get an Ape for cheap. Now they've gone up it seems.

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Put that in a RGV roller with tank and it runs we talk :)

17. SpeedWerks Racing

Gone,,,, we have one more though.
    I try to only build stuff that's sold,, otherwise, I end up all the stupid shit u see posted here for 50 cents on the dollar.
    now I see your point....