1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Top Gun Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Jul 18, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't understand that F-35 nonsense. They should have just upgraded all of the F-15's and F-16's, and also dumped more money into A-10's. Now the F-22, that thing is AMAZING. The F-15 was already the best fighter plane in the world by a long way, and the F-22 can kill a half dozen F-15's without even breaking a sweat.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Got through? We sold Iran their junk back in the 70's when we were friends with the Shah.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Jedb, Mot Okstef and Bloodhound like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah I had read about that too. very sad and an obviously horrific experience :(

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Seeing as the plot involves Goose's son trying to become a fighter pilot, not sure thats the case. Scene itself also looked entirely different.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’ll be damned. I just had to go back and re-watch it. I was wrong. That isn’t just a flashback scene. Son of a ...

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was watching a documentary on the F-35 a while back, it seemed like it was quite the clusterfuck just getting it built, and then trying to figure out where it fits. Seems like its too much of a compromise into several areas and doesn't really excel in any of them. I never liked it from the get-go.....the Raptor on the other hand, as you said.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They are upgrading the F-15 and building more. The F22, well, the air farce wanted the F35.

They are hell bent on killing off the A10 and using the F35 in it's place. Stupid.

10. speedluvn

Before the ban of parts.

11. speedluvn

Isn’t that always the case?
    osprey
    B1
    F22
    Blackhawk

It’s always seems to be some difficulties getting the military equipment approved, either through Congress or the pentagon.
    At least from a civilian perspective.

12. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Give me an F-16 all day long. Google "Dos Gringos Viper Song" to get the real deal. Watch the YouTube vid. It start out "I wish I had a gun …"

13. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Just looked it up and LMAO! :crackup:

Post the link. ;)

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

You first!

[​IMG]

Mot Okstef likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was all excited about this reboot. Then saw Hollywood again back down to China and change his jacket.... I’m out.

wsmc42 likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You know who's not excited for the new Top Gun???

15639321670741.jpg

Mot Okstef likes this.
  17. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

I like "Danger Zone" but the intro anthem before it by Harold Faltermeyer does even more for me. I'd like to hear a new version of that, too!

18. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I just watched Iron Eagle again this weekend. Chappie's dance kills me every time.

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Wasn't the F111 a competitive bid to the F14 but the Navy didn't like side by side for combat?

I grew up near Langley AFB and can recognize an F15's engine sounds from miles away. I never appreciated that plane since my dad was navy. But thrust > weight makes a hell of a show. Saw one go vertical on takeoff from Patrick Henry field. That thing was out of sight in seconds. Amazing plane.

In the 80's the JSF was considered vaporware in the Norfolk area and the idea of a single plane for all 3 services was just moronic. The F35 tech is cool but one plane for all 3 branches and profiles is asinine. F15x and F18 are where it's at. The marines just need to keep eating crayons and let smart people play with nice things for them.

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Kelly Johnson at Lockheed reminisced of the old days when you just rang up a General at the War Department to get finalize any proposal.

Congress wanted the F-35 program, the armed services went along with it because that was the only way they were going to replace their aging jets. That, and the fustercluck that was the Lightning program is what happens when 20 some nations get involved in procurement.

As for the Raptor, USAF wanted more F-22s. The program originally called for around 900 but that number was continually cut during budgeting. I think only 187 (heh, murder) went to squadrons.