1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Conditioning.

People who have been conditioning to assign victim/oppressor status to everything immediately look for those types of differences.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If you haven’t don’t anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about...

32F04D2B-61A7-4328-961E-C6613BC0E675.png

ducnut likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the article is accurate, the population seems to comprised largely those convicted and those that haven't been caught.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is that Yakov's brother?

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've read that pursuit of a fleeing suspect results in extremely elevated adrenaline levels in the pursuing cops. No excuse, though... if you are unable to maintain a professional demeanor in highly charged situations, then you need to find a different line of work.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Nice Night Court reference.

9. Fonda Dix

Got dragged to his theater in Branson for a show a few years ago.

I did not laugh.

10. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Racist thugs being racist thugs. Including the racist thug dems (redundant, I know) not condemning it.

12. Fonda Dix

[​IMG]

BHP41 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What’s the backstory to this NYPD water thing?

14. auminer

Damn racist black cop just let me off with a warning for 51 in a 40 zone.

This just proves that he hates white people.

Or maybe it proves that stopping in the first safe place, rolling down the window, keeping your hands in view as they approach, explain where you are reaching and why, and generally keeping a reasonable tone might have an effect on the outcome of your interactions with the popo.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's close to the end of the month - he probably already arrested too many whities this month and doesn't want to screw up his stats.

I find a lot of cops will give you one pass - if you're JUST speeding you'll get a warning, but if you're speeding and you don't have a valid insurance, or you weren't wearing a seatbelt, etc, you're getting hit.

auminer likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"He had a gun."
    "Ok, it's his house but, gun!"

VIDEO | Body camera footage of SC shooting contradicts police claims
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=652694355212629

https://abcnews4.com/news/videos/video-body-camera-footage-of-sc-shooting-contradicts-police-claims

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina homeowner who was shot by a deputy checking a medical alarm did not jerk open his front door with a gun and was instead standing in the home's foyer when the officer shot through a window, according to body camera footage released Monday.

Homeowner Dick Tench has a concealed weapons permit and did have his gun in his hand, but was devastated when the Greenville County Sheriff's Office's initial account of the incident had him pointing his weapon at a police officer, his lawyer said.

"We were waiting to see the body camera footage to confirm what Dick knew all along — That he was shot through the window," attorney Beattie Ashmore said. "The deputy's version doesn't hold up."

The deputy was by himself just after midnight June 14 when he came to Tench's Simpsonville home after a cellphone connected to the address sent out a medical distress alarm.

The officer rang the doorbell, but got no answer. He then stepped off the porch to look around the house when he saw movement inside, said Capt. Tim Brown on a sheriff's office video briefing about the shooting, which included the body camera video.

The body camera footage starts with the officer shining a flashlight through a long, narrow window at a man holding a gun a few steps back from the closed door.

The deputy fires, although how many shots is not clear.

Tench is heard screaming in pain on the footage, saying he had been shot twice. "Oh my god, call the cops please!"

The deputy, standing in the yard away from the door, yells back, "I am the cops!"

The deputy gets inside and blood can be seen spreading on Tench's shorts. The sheriff's office pixilated his face in the video because he was not charged with a crime. The deputy then calls for an ambulance and begins first aid on Tench.

"You came to my house at 12 o'clock at night I'm sleeping. Goddamn, I've got to protect my house," Tench said on the body camera video. "You (expletive)! I can't believe you did this to me!"

"We're not going to talk about this right now," the deputy responds calmly. "We're going to focus on keeping you alive, OK? So take some deep breaths and clam down and you're going to be OK."

Tench was shot twice — one bullet just barely missed his aorta and a second remains lodged in his pelvis. He hasn't watched the video of the shooting and couldn't return to his home for a month because the memories were so painful, his lawyer said.

Tench is a 62-year-old retiree, and Ashmore called him a "law abiding citizen" who was devastated when police suggested he opened his door and pointed a gun at an officer.

Hours after the shooting, sheriff's office spokesman Lt. Ryan Flood briefed reporters near the home.

"The deputy knocked or rang the doorbell — made contact at the door. The gentleman came to the door, jerked it open immediately, presented and pointed a gun directly at the deputy at which time the deputy returned with fire," Flood had said that day.

Tench has spoken to State Law Enforcement Division agents, who are investigating the shooting. An internal sheriff's office investigation is also ongoing. The deputy, whose name hasn't been released, remains on leave with pay.

The Greenville County Sheriff's Office has a policy to release video and a brief review of a police shooting and other use of force cases 45 days after they occur.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That incident is eerily reminiscent to the few swatting incidents we've seen across the country. I don't know what correct answer is in this one, I feel for the guy being concerned and wanting to protect his home but handling a firearm when half asleep isn't the smartest thing either....it's usually how most family members get shot coming into their home.

I was ready to tear the guy up until he said, "We don't have an alarm system"......Ughhh then felt bad as hell for him. I'd say between the alarm company and the PD he's probably going to be set for life.

I don't have time to read the entire article, but not sure what point the guy's attorney is trying to get at......The Lt could have easily misspoke when he gave out details that same day.....which is a huge reason why most agencies won't until the invest is over. But whether or not the front door was opened or not doesn't changed the threat level, that side window gave the officer enough view of what the h/o was doing. Short of the gun being holstered I can see a lot of LEO's taking that shot. IMHO, they're both victims, I feel bad for the h/o and cop.

18. auminer

I'll make sure and have any potential home invaders call ahead so I can put on a fuckin' pot of coffee first...:rolleyes:

MachineR1, HPPT, Fonda Dix and 4 others like this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nah man, in YOUR case, just leave your night blinder on and starting shooting everything with your dbl barrel. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You can see a lot of LEOs taking that shot ? WTF ! No fucking way.

I’m a strong defender of LEOs but it’s posts like these that give you the wrap of “always siding with the cops”.

There is ZERO reason for the cop to take that shot. ZERO.